Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Quick food question

Choc frosting recipe

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Chip Chip VIC Posts: 168
1 22 Dec 2010
Hey guys,

I'm just making a nice vegan chocolate cake for Christmas (I finally found some 'No Egg' so I'm very excited to cook now!) which I want to decorate very nicely, however I'll need to put some frosting on top and all the simple recipes online all contain 'vegan margerine' - unfortunately, I'm unable to buy some and I hate marg. Anybody know a good simple recipe without marg? ecstatic
ReplyQuote

2 22 Dec 2010
Also, most of them ask for vanilla, soy milk and icing sugar which I have so feel  free to share any recipes with these ingredients! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

3 22 Dec 2010
Actually, I have found one here: http://www.grouprecipes.com/1834/vegan-chocolate-frosting.html which asks for cornstarch - that's the same thing as cornflower, right?
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
4 22 Dec 2010
icing sugar, cocoa, a little oil, and a tablespoon of warm water.
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
5 22 Dec 2010
I don't wanna start a new thread so in the same vein as this topic, does anybody know a good recipe for a buttercream or chocolate buttercream icing recipe that doesn't taste, well, overly like butter? I don't really like the taste of nuttelex in large quantities but sometimes would prefer icing a little more lucious than just a water and icing sugar icing.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
6 22 Dec 2010
sarahwithanh27 said:
I don't wanna start a new thread so in the same vein as this topic, does anybody know a good recipe for a buttercream or chocolate buttercream icing recipe that doesn't taste, well, overly like butter? I don't really like the taste of nuttelex in large quantities but sometimes would prefer icing a little more lucious than just a water and icing sugar icing.
you can use icing sugar, nuttellex and soy milk and just beat the hell out of it, and then add flavours, it shouldn't be overly nutellexy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au