Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Freeganism. - how far is too far?

Does any one practice freeganism? WOULD anyone? Very interested :)

1 - 10 of 41 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

prettypoodlexx prettypoodlexx SA Posts: 125
1 16 Jan 2011
What does everyone know about this? I've been reading up on it and I'm interested!
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
2 16 Jan 2011
Sounds nice but i like to shop happy
ReplyQuote

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
3 16 Jan 2011
i remeber on a tv show called wife swap there was a family like this, its a little dirty thou. Im not into it.
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
4 16 Jan 2011
I completely admire and applaud anyone that chooses to live like this. It's disgusting the waste that comes from supermarkets and such, lots of perfectly good food that they can't sell for legal reasons, even though it's completely safe. I haven't researched that much about it yet, but to me, living without contributing a cent to ethically corrupt companies (which, let's admit, is most of them these days) sounds absolutely wonderful and just about the biggest 'F you' to capitalism happy
ReplyQuote

5 16 Jan 2011
Yeah, it seems a bit extreme. But I think I like the idea. :3
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
6 16 Jan 2011
But I think the part that people are a bit iffy about is the 'dumpster diving'. Though I'm pretty sure that's only one part of it and the general idea is to not pay for food & clothing etc. This could include growing your own food, making clothes etc so when you think of it like that it's not too extreme. It would be hard though.
ReplyQuote

7 16 Jan 2011
on wife swap the people would go to resturants and ask for unwated food from the day! I would be to shy for somthing like that, although you could say you had a pet pig or somthing!
ReplyQuote

8 16 Jan 2011
Yeah "skip dipping" seems like it could be pretty gross. But what if it was from a newsagent and you were getting stationary? Would anyone do it then?
ReplyQuote

9 16 Jan 2011
thats a good point but you cant eat pencils!
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
10 16 Jan 2011
so wat exactly is freeganism? lol . i get alot of friut and veg from the iga for my pig lambs and cows happy . there is heaps of  good quality friut and veg that gets thrown out
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au