Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Mars Candy -_-

1 - 10 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  


Emzio Emzio SA Posts: 24
1 21 Jan 2011
I couldn't find this anywhere else on the site (I'm sorry if it has been posted up here before).

I read on a forum I'm on that Mars Candy (who also make Starburst, Snickers, Maltesers, Milky Way, etc) fund animal testing. To make it worse, the testing they do is pointless. For example (quoted from the website MarsCandyKills:

'Mars funded a deadly experiment on mice that was published in a 2007 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience in which mice were fed flavanols (phytochemicals that are found in chocolate) and forced to swim in a pool of water mixed with white paint to hide a submerged platform, which the mice had to find in order to avoid drowning, only to be killed and dissected later on.'

I don't see how making mice swim in a pool of white paint is going to make scientists discover anything new...

More imformation can be found here:  http://www.marscandykills.com/index.asp
ReplyQuote

devotchkadebones devotchkadebones VIC Posts: 91
2 21 Jan 2011
Thank you for posting this! I would have thought it had already been posted, but I didn't check.
ReplyQuote

Emzio Emzio SA Posts: 24
3 21 Jan 2011
You're welcome. I thought it should have been posted for those who didn't know.
ReplyQuote

Maggie Maggie TAS Posts: 2265
4 21 Jan 2011
I was told about this a while ago.It's disgusting, and when people think 'Animal Testing' chocolate, or food and beverages in general, don't come to mind.

But I'm vegan now, so I don't support Mars anyway. I would also like to warn everyone that Mars own Pedigree dog food, so I don't buy that either.
ReplyQuote

Emzio Emzio SA Posts: 24
5 21 Jan 2011
Maggie said:
But I'm vegan now, so I don't support Mars anyway. I would also like to warn everyone that Mars own Pedigree dog food, so I don't buy that either.
Really? I had no idea that Pedigree is owned by Mars.  scared My family seldom buy from Pedigree as it is, I'm just... surprised.
ReplyQuote

Maggie Maggie TAS Posts: 2265
6 21 Jan 2011
Emzio said:
Maggie said:
But I'm vegan now, so I don't support Mars anyway. I would also like to warn everyone that Mars own Pedigree dog food, so I don't buy that either.
Really? I had no idea that Pedigree is owned by Mars.  scared My family seldom buy from Pedigree as it is, I'm just... surprised.
So is Whiskas cat food... sad http://www.mars.com/global/index.aspx
ReplyQuote

Catzilla Catzilla SA Posts: 32
7 21 Jan 2011
GRRRRRRRR! They make me mad! angry
ReplyQuote

Akasha213 Akasha213 VIC Posts: 227
8 21 Jan 2011
Is there no high quality brand of pet food that doesnt participate in awful tests?!?!?!
Looks like they make Advance and Royal Canin too.
angry sad furious
How can I do the best for my pets while not supporting these types of companies!
How can these companies be allowed to do such stupid things sad
ReplyQuote

Emzio Emzio SA Posts: 24
9 21 Jan 2011
Maggie said:
Emzio said:
Maggie said:
But I'm vegan now, so I don't support Mars anyway. I would also like to warn everyone that Mars own Pedigree dog food, so I don't buy that either.
Really? I had no idea that Pedigree is owned by Mars.  scared My family seldom buy from Pedigree as it is, I'm just... surprised.
So is Whiskas cat food... sad http://www.mars.com/global/index.aspx
scared My cat and dog only eat Whiskas cat food. They refuse to eat anything else (except dinner scraps and some cat/dog food biscuits.)

@ Catzilla: I know, it angers me, especially considering they actually manufacture pet food, whilst hurting other animals... *sigh*
ReplyQuote

Maggie Maggie TAS Posts: 2265
10 21 Jan 2011
Emzio said:
Maggie said:
Emzio said:
Maggie said:
But I'm vegan now, so I don't support Mars anyway. I would also like to warn everyone that Mars own Pedigree dog food, so I don't buy that either.
Really? I had no idea that Pedigree is owned by Mars.  scared My family seldom buy from Pedigree as it is, I'm just... surprised.
So is Whiskas cat food... sad http://www.mars.com/global/index.aspx
scared My cat and dog only eat Whiskas cat food. They refuse to eat anything else (except dinner scraps and some cat/dog food biscuits.)

@ Catzilla: I know, it angers me, especially considering they actually manufacture pet food, whilst hurting other animals... *sigh*
My cats will only eat Whiskas too. What more can you do?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 
Sign In or Register

What's on your mind? We want to know! Sign in with your Unleashed forum account or register to have your say!

E-Mail:
Password:
  Lost password?
Who
Most Liked Contributors
Today's Top Poster sprout Today's most liked:
sprout
July's Top Poster sprout July's most liked: sprout (2 likes)

Blog News