Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

ADMIN

Time off feed petition?

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

carinaforkeeps carinaforkeeps NSW Posts: 484
1 25 Jan 2011
Any chance you could quickly whip up a petition against the Standard for Time Off Feed for bobby calves?

I think I could collect a fair few signatures at my work and around my neighbourhood.

Or would we be authorised to create one ourselves?

This might be completely out of line to ask, haha, but worth a shot! People are much more willing to sign something, than having to log on and send an email.

EDIT: sorry for capitalising the heading... I get carried away happy
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
2 25 Jan 2011
This is a really good idea. Some of the Tassie members and I could go around the Elizabeth mall and get signatures??
ReplyQuote

3 25 Jan 2011
We only have until Feb 3rd, though, to have them sent in, so hopefully (if it will have any bearing) we can get one together asap?
ReplyQuote

4 25 Jan 2011
Maybe if groups of people in each state went around to get signatures we could get enough signatures to make a difference?
ReplyQuote

5 26 Jan 2011
bumping..
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen Australia Posts: 993
6 26 Jan 2011
Unleashed Admin
Hi - this is not a bad idea, but the absolute *most* effective way to mount public objection to the ridiculous 30-hours-off-feed Standard is to get more submissions into the public consultation.

Creating a petition might be a GREAT way to raise public awareness about the issue (and this is very worthy in itself!), but I'm not sure how much weight it would hold in terms of the consultation, as it's clearly marked out how people should submit to it.

However, I have a slightly different idea that might work for you! happy

On this page we have outlined the key points and how to make a personal submission: www.animalsaustralia.org/features/bobby-calf-public-consultation.php

On that page we also have a sample submission. If you wanted to get lots of people on board quickly you could print of the sample submission in a letter format, and just leave spaces for people's name, date and address. Take these pages out in place of a petition and ask people to sign them - one page each. VOILA! You could then send them all in together. I think that could have a huge impact!

Good luck! And thanks SO MUCH for wanting to help the bobby calves!
ReplyQuote

7 26 Jan 2011
Thanks so much for that link! I'm going to send them an email and write them a letter. I think everyone here should do this, it won't take much time and the calves will thank you for it. happy
ReplyQuote

8 26 Jan 2011
Karen said:
On that page we also have a sample submission. If you wanted to get lots of people on board quickly you could print of the sample submission in a letter format, and just leave spaces for people's name, date and address. Take these pages out in place of a petition and ask people to sign them - one page each. VOILA! You could then send them all in together. I think that could have a huge impact!

Ive already done this with my whole family, will also leave a bunch at work at hope heaps of people will sign them!

I wish there was more public awareness about this issue. It's terrible.

Thanks Karen happy
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen Australia Posts: 993
9 26 Jan 2011
Unleashed Admin
carinaforkeeps said:
Karen said:

Ive already done this with my whole family, will also leave a bunch at work at hope heaps of people will sign them!

I wish there was more public awareness about this issue. It's terrible.

Thanks Karen happy
You're welcome Carina! And thank you for everything you're doing. Don't worry, this campaign will get a huge boost once we get ads in all the major newspapers, which will hopefully happen this week! https://animalsaustralia.qnetau.com/appeal/bobby-calf-ad/ happy
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
10 31 Jan 2011
Got the courier mail on Saturday and it wasn't in there.. I searched it like 5 times?

Will it be in next saturdays?

I was thinking, with your reference to the Dairy industry & our governments lack of concern in your Ad are you expecting to stir much controversy?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au