Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Bourke St Stalls for 2011 -Volunteers needed

First stall on sat 19 Feb

1 - 1 of 1 posts

Natasha Natasha QLD Posts: 46
1 1 Feb 2011
Hi all,

Welcome to 2011 and a big year for animals rights.  

On behalf of the AA volunteer network,  I wanted to let you all in on the intended dates for this years Bourke Street Stalls, the first of which will take place on Saturday 19 February.  And we really need young people to help us get the message across. The stalls will take on a number of different issues,  from Live Export to Factory Farming. The topic of the stalls will primarily be driven by what Animals Australia need us to promote at the time.

The Bourke St stalls are a great opportunity to get out in the public to talk about animal issues.  They run for 3-4 hours, depending on the weather and the crowd in the mall on the day.  We use leaflets and posters and hopefully, well continue to be able to use the animal outfits such as Lucy (the pig) and Cedric (the sheep).  They always attract a crowd!

The stalls are also a great opportunity to meet like minded individuals.  Sometimes standing up for the rights of animals can be a tough, lonely gig. Activism on your own can be a tad overwhelming for some.  Helping out on a stall can make you feel like you are part of something bigger, something incredibly important.  Stalls can provide you with the opportunity to meet a growing social network of individuals who care about animals just as much as you do.

But of course, more than anything, the stalls are an incredibly effective way to help those who do not have the voice to help themselves the animals.  As a group, we can work to put an end to their suffering.  So, if you are interested in getting more involved to help animals, please jot these dates down in your diaries.  

Sat 19 Feb
Sun 20 March
Sat 9 Apr
Sat 14 May
Sun 19 June
Sat 16 July
Sun 21 Aug
Sat 17 Sept
Sun 16 Oct
Sat 19 Nov
Sun 18 Dec
Ill be sending out reminders each month to remind everyone as to the next stall.  

However, I'd love to start the year off with a bang, so if you are keen to help for the first stall of 2011 on Saturday 19 February, please let me know via email on  Please include your mobile phone number in the reply (or other contact number) so that I can stay in contact with you if things change.

Jump on board folks, for 2011 will be a great year for animals.  Want to be a  part of the next social justice movement?

Cheers
Natasha
0419 729 902
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au