Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Rimmel Cruelty Free???

I emailed About Rimmel Cosmetics asking if they where cruelty free...

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

MarcyMassacre MarcyMassacre VIC Posts: 27
1 3 Feb 2011
ok so i emailed Rimmel Cosmetics (which was        <>wink about Animal testing and on the reply, they said "As a policy, Coty Inc. does not test its products on animals.  We are committed to working to maintain the highest possible standards of human safety while eliminating the need for testing on animals." BUT further on in the reply they said  "There are rare occurrences when a government or regulatory agency indicates that an animal study is necessary in order to ensure consumer protection for a component of our products and where no validated alternative exists.  In these cases, the need for testing is carefully examined by our suppliers and if the test must be performed, it is strictly controlled.  Our research and development team has pioneered safety tests and alternative testing methods in order to eliminate the need for animal testing."
So what are they saying? they dont but they do test on animals?
I think that any companie or brand should have that "cruelty free" or "not tested on animals" label... some how i think that these companies are lying about They dont test on animals....

so what do you think about this?
ReplyQuote

Nadia1986 Nadia1986 NSW Posts: 101
2 3 Feb 2011
Seems like they dont even know themselves.....or they are covering their own backs...Its one of those..Yes ummm....No....Ummmm ask again later....
I was under the impression you have to advertise on your products that you don test on animals...I never trus those big companies....
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
3 3 Feb 2011
aw email them back! tell them that you're confused, it's black and white, they do or they don't. Eve though you know they are basically saying "we don't want to be seen that we do, but we do it no one is looking" it will reinforce that consumers aren't ok with it
ReplyQuote

ZoolNerd ZoolNerd NSW Posts: 1005
4 3 Feb 2011
For this very reason I just stick to well known cruelty free brands happy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
5 3 Feb 2011
There are so many cruelty free brands out there, don't bother about the ones who give wishy washy answers.
ReplyQuote

Tracey Tracey QLD Posts: 127
6 4 Feb 2011
Im pretty sure companies dont have to say anything on their labeling re: tesing or not testing. I have come across a couple of brands which dont say anything on the label but which are even on the cruelty free preferred product list, like Natio cosmetics and Whiteglo toothpaste.  happy
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
7 4 Feb 2011
I don't see why they wouldn't, a large group of consumers would prefer to avoid animal testing given the choice, by not putting the label on their products they're probably missing out on people choosing their product.
ReplyQuote

Sarah6277 Sarah6277 VIC Posts: 49
8 4 Feb 2011
essentially, i think they're saying that yes, they do test on animals but they try to avoid it. so, yes. haha it's confusing to explain :S
ReplyQuote

Tracey Tracey QLD Posts: 127
9 4 Feb 2011
Lars said:
I don't see why they wouldn't, a large group of consumers would prefer to avoid animal testing given the choice, by not putting the label on their products they're probably missing out on people choosing their product.
I agree, and it funny when i discovered that i had been pointlessly avoiding one particular brand that hadn't labeled itself cruelty-free, but maybe it doesnt occur to some companies?
ReplyQuote

MarcyMassacre MarcyMassacre VIC Posts: 27
10 18 Feb 2011
oh i have and the  funny thing is they still haven't emailed me another reply...  so its clear their been lying to their customers  :@
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au