Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Le tan vegan?

1 - 10 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
1 4 Feb 2011
I've read on websites that le tan tanning lotion doesn't test on animals(also says on the bottles) so does that mean the sunscreens are fine? Because they are really cheap and available in heaps of places. I checked the bottle but I am not sure if all the ingredients are fine.
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
2 4 Feb 2011
Choose Cruelty Free has kicked them off their cruelty free list.
ReplyQuote

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
3 4 Feb 2011
Emilia said:
Choose Cruelty Free has kicked them off their cruelty free list.
Did they give a reason?
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
4 4 Feb 2011
I don't remember. This was quite a while back. I just remember that they had a list of the companies that did not get re-accreditation and Le Tan was one of them.

I checked on the website and it is not on the list.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
5 17 Nov 2011
any updates on this?

im half English - my dads from bristol- so i have that pale, speckled, burns but rarely tans type of skin.....

I use to love le tan the spray on one.... please still be vegan :/
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
6 18 Nov 2011
xAshlee said:
im half English - my dads from bristol- so i have that pale, speckled, burns but rarely tans type of skin.....
I'm a ranga... so I feel the pain. I got burnt one hot summer day just going out to the clothes line to hang some stuff out.

Good thing this thread came along, I'll have to consider this when I buy sunscreen.
ReplyQuote

Buddha Baby Buddha Baby QLD Posts: 28
7 18 Nov 2011
I had a look on www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au but I couldn't find Le Tan, but I do know that Natio make Vegan/cruelty free sunscreen and fake tan. I'm not sure what the tanner is like.

I love their products, everything else I have tried is always good. They are not on the Vegan list because some of their lip products have beeswax in them but everything else is ok.
ReplyQuote

8 18 Nov 2011
I'm definetly going to get Natio one then... just checked their site and the tanners look great!

I prefer fake anyway - i saw this program on how the sun ages you & your skin.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
9 18 Nov 2011
The Natio one was okay, but I found it to be really liquidy and it didn't protect my skin properly - especially when swimming.

This one is good http://www.naturalinstinct.com.au/Product.aspx/Sun/Micro-MineralSunscreen
It is a thicker sunscreen, it lasts for 4 hours and is water resistant.
It can be bought from most pharmacies.
ReplyQuote

10 18 Nov 2011
yay. cruelty free is soooo easy.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]