Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Family Related Animal Cruelty...

1 - 10 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

Simo Simo QLD Posts: 23
1 29 Aug 2009
Hey guys,

I'm just realized that my family has connections with factory farming horrible industries and other things of the sort -.-' *sadface*

My sisters husband owns a Hungry Jacks franchise, which is depressing. Even more depressing, she doesn't like the idea of me being a vego, and that I'm going to get sick and die and what not >.>  which makes me even angrier >.>

Anyway, thought I'd vent and also ask: has anyone else had this same sort of family related experience?? Someone in your family who works at an abattoir or something of the sort??
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
2 29 Aug 2009
Luckily no, but I feel your pain sad But having said that you may be able to influence them happy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
3 29 Aug 2009
My aunty used to work for Lennards... she was the feather plucker. She wasn't involved with the killing...

But this was like 10yrs ago now. She says she looks back and wonders how she did it.
ReplyQuote

advoc8 advoc8 SA Posts: 179
4 29 Aug 2009
My husband & I hadn't seen his sister for years they were from interstate anyway but then she and her family lived in Europe for a while.

They came and visited us a couple of months ago. I had cooked fresh pumpkin soup, baked bread and salad for lunch and while we were eating, brother-in-law comes out with a story that made it clear what his occupation is.  The *&s%^* is a vivisectionist!

scared

My husband and I looked straight at each other and had trouble looking at him after that. I wanted to scream "get out you &%^[email protected]!" Get out of my house. It was VERY unpleasant. Their 10yo daughter was sitting at the table.

All I could managed was a weak "oh, I'd just heard you were a scientist and worked in a lab" and changed the subject and counted the seconds until they left.

They are never ever welcome back.
ReplyQuote

Frenzal bop Frenzal bop SA Posts: 778
5 29 Aug 2009
advoc8 said:
My husband & I hadn't seen his sister for years they were from interstate anyway but then she and her family lived in Europe for a while.

They came and visited us a couple of months ago. I had cooked fresh pumpkin soup, baked bread and salad for lunch and while we were eating, brother-in-law comes out with a story that made it clear what his occupation is.  The *&s%^* is a vivisectionist!

scared

My husband and I looked straight at each other and had trouble looking at him after that. I wanted to scream "get out you &%^[email protected]!" Get out of my house. It was VERY unpleasant. Their 10yo daughter was sitting at the table.

All I could managed was a weak "oh, I'd just heard you were a scientist and worked in a lab" and changed the subject and counted the seconds until they left.

damn!

One of the guys down the roads son was a vivisectionist which is pretty horrible. Though he is now a park ranger. I also had a teacher who was a vivisectionist and she was horrable to the animals.
ReplyQuote

MothWings MothWings NSW Posts: 102
6 30 Aug 2009
Found out my dad used to work in an abbatoir years ago, also that he used to hurt cats and dogs (which is why mum never let me get any til I was older). He also tried to hit my dog and the neighbours with a shovel. And is costantly intimitading my cat, I try to never leave her alone with him.

Least to say I never get along with him too well and I can't wait to get out of here
ReplyQuote

7 30 Aug 2009
MothWings said:
Found out my dad used to work in an abbatoir years ago, also that he used to hurt cats and dogs (which is why mum never let me get any til I was older). He also tried to hit my dog and the neighbours with a shovel. And is costantly intimitading my cat, I try to never leave her alone with him.

Least to say I never get along with him too well and I can't wait to get out of here
Omg that's horrible D:
ReplyQuote

8 30 Aug 2009
advoc8 said:

scared

I would've screamed at them; my house my rules lol
ReplyQuote

Mel Mel NSW Posts: 289
9 30 Aug 2009
one of my friends is a scientist who deals with live animals tissue that has been gathered from an animal after it has died.
I was a bit horrified to learn the other day that they get marmoset monkeys every month or so. They usually test on mice.

It's hard to acknowledge that part of this friend because we are quite good friends. They know where I stand on it, so we generally agree to disagree. Although I'm not adverse to saying a few words if relevant.

Staying friends with people in these areas can provide ways to influence later on I think, as well as informed knowledge of what is going on in these fields.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
10 30 Aug 2009
Simo said:
MothWings said:

Omg that's horrible D:
Yikes!  cry
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au