Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

BBQ Shapes

Are they or aren't they vegan?

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

carinaforkeeps carinaforkeeps NSW Posts: 484
1 7 Feb 2011
I have a few vegan friends, all of which tell me different things regarding BBQ shapes.

Of course I could look for myself, but I never remember when I go to the shops!

So are they vegan, or aren't they???
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 7 Feb 2011
The food itself is vegan. It's the moral grounds that a lot of vegans don't think they are. They have palm oil in them.
ReplyQuote

carinaforkeeps carinaforkeeps NSW Posts: 484
3 7 Feb 2011
RaV3N said:
The food itself is vegan. It's the moral grounds that a lot of vegans don't think they are. They have palm oil in them.
palm oil is going to be the death of me! ahh.

thank you happy
ReplyQuote

4 7 Feb 2011
I *think* Veri Deli don't have palm oil... I think it's soy (and state the fact), but I haven't emailed them to confirm yet. Their Rosemary & Sea Salt flavour craps all over BBQ Shapes!!
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
5 8 Feb 2011
I thought it had something to do with worchestershire sauce. I've heard it's vegetable origin, not anchovies, but I can't make myself buy it for that reason.

Has anyone contacted them?
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
6 8 Feb 2011
Someone wrote to them about a year ago and they confirmed BBQ shapes are the only vegan flavour in that range. I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed in the last 6 months as well, just in case it changed.
ReplyQuote

Arieluxable Arieluxable QLD Posts: 190
7 8 Feb 2011
Rosemary and Sea Salt Veri Deli snacks are my absolute favourite!
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
8 8 Feb 2011
BBQ shapes have come up so much in this forum. They are Vegan, including the Worcestershire sauce. And then some choose not to eat them due to Palm Oil, but that's your choice.
ReplyQuote

Akasha213 Akasha213 VIC Posts: 227
9 8 Feb 2011
On a similar note,

I recently saw that pringles have vegetarian and vegan labels. Their "Bacon" flavour chips are vegan!!!??? However their salt and vinegar chips are only vegetaria?!
But pringles are made by... Proctor and Gamble!!

How weird and confusing is that?!
ReplyQuote

10 8 Feb 2011
Akasha213 said:
On a similar note,

I recently saw that pringles have vegetarian and vegan labels. Their "Bacon" flavour chips are vegan!!!??? However their salt and vinegar chips are only vegetaria?!
But pringles are made by... Proctor and Gamble!!

How weird and confusing is that?!
Bacon = vegan?!??!?!?!!??!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au