Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I have a rescued stray, she has had kittens. please help me.

They need home and I won't let them go unless they will be de-sexxed.

11 - 15 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

prettypoodlexx prettypoodlexx SA Posts: 125
11 8 Feb 2011
wild child2 said:
Also I would also strongly recommend desexing before the age of 5 months
reasons being-

1. Reduces hormone levels to eliminate problem behaviours such as male spraying
2. Kittens can reproduce from 4 months old
3. Faster recovery

Animal Welfare League in QLD desex at 8 weeks old or 1kg which ever occurs first.
GREAT =] I couldn't find a vet that would do it lol.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
12 8 Feb 2011
prettypoodlexx said:
wild child2 said:
Also I would also strongly recommend desexing before the age of 5 months
reasons being-

1. Reduces hormone levels to eliminate problem behaviours such as male spraying
2. Kittens can reproduce from 4 months old
3. Faster recovery

Animal Welfare League in QLD desex at 8 weeks old or 1kg which ever occurs first.
GREAT =] I couldn't find a vet that would do it lol.
Yeah it's crazy... I don't know why, I think the reproductive organs aren't as defined when they are so young so it's a more delicate operation? I don't know.. but it's important to do it before that 4 month mark. Hope all goes well, ring the Animal Welfare League they should be really helpful. Keep us updated happy
ReplyQuote

KimmyJade KimmyJade SA Posts: 1
13 28 Mar 2011
Hey - how did you go with this one? I am in a similar situation. I am going to try to catch the kittens, but RSPCA said if they are too wild they will not be able to be rehomed (either euthanased or up to me to take care of) - I know there's a no kill shelter in Handorf but their website says they are full at the moemnt.

I'd love to hear your progress.

Kimmy
ReplyQuote

Shaylee Shaylee Australia Posts: 1
14 29 Jun 2011
For anyone else who has rescued a stray there is a South Australian organisation called Help Save the Furry Ones (helpsavethefurryones.com), who have a no kill policy unless it is more humane to put the cat down (i.e. the cat is severally injured/ill and unable to make a recovery). They take surrendered cats as well as rescues, and will nurse sick cats or kittens back to health before selling. Also for anyone interested in adopting a cat or kitten Help Save the Furry Ones charge a $130 adoption fee but cats/kittens are vaccinated, de-sexed and health checked prior to adoption. In some cases they have offered cats for free (to a good home) but these have been cats that have been  and need special care or extra TLC.

CHECK IT OUT

http://www.helpsavethefurryones.com
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
15 29 Jun 2011
give them to farmers in river-land for mouse plague, we can bread them to have a holy war.

cat V mouse.

make more kittens!! now.. for the war efforts
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au