Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Northland Lord Of The Fries ...

1 - 9 of 9 posts

babynighthawk babynighthawk VIC Posts: 105
1 10 Feb 2011
They're being rather cryptic on their facebook page about it. A lot of people are asking if it'll reopen, but I asked WHY it closed, and I got a rather huffy response, as did another girl. They have a very loyal fan base who only wants to know if the store will be reopening because they love LOTF. I don't see any reason to be short with people. It's actually rather off-putting.

I'm starting to get the impression that they don't want to share why it was closed, because all they keep saying is that it's closed till further notice, or their in negotiation. If they don't want to state why or aren't allowed to, why can't they say that instead of being short with people? I feel rude for asking an genuine question.
ReplyQuote

babynighthawk babynighthawk VIC Posts: 105
2 10 Feb 2011
and the last response I got was ...

Please see the Feb 4th post: to recap: "We're actually in negotiations and at the moment don't really know the fate of Northland. When we know more news we'll post it here and on Twitter. Sorry guys but at the moment we can't give a more definitive answer".

That still doesn't answer my question. If they don't want to/can't tell people why it closed, why can't they just say it? People are only asking out of love and concern for the store  sad
ReplyQuote

Jaydin Jaydin NSW Posts: 31
3 10 Feb 2011
It's possible that there is an issue within management, between management and employees or between the franchiser and franchisee that is sensitive and cannot be released at the moment for fear of escalating the situation. To be honest they probably have more chance of resolving the dispute if details are not let out while it is being negotiated.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
4 10 Feb 2011
but think, that could be the answer!
they may just not be able to tell the public at this stage
ReplyQuote

ecochick ecochick SA Posts: 214
5 10 Feb 2011
they may be opening an Adelaide store!  ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
6 10 Feb 2011
I wish they would reduce their prices a little. It shouldn't be THAT expensive to to be vegan at lord of the fries.  confused
ReplyQuote

7 11 Feb 2011
kimberleyfrancess said:
I wish they would reduce their prices a little. It shouldn't be THAT expensive to to be vegan at lord of the fries.  confused
their prices went up this yea, thats for sure, my nuggets went up $2
but i still find it cheap for a meal, i dont eat much anyway
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
8 11 Feb 2011
jack said:
kimberleyfrancess said:
their prices went up this yea, thats for sure, my nuggets went up $2
but i still find it cheap for a meal, i dont eat much anyway
A vegan original mega meal for two people comes in at $40, it used to be like $28 huh

Sure you could not get a mega meal, but charging each individual vegan option at a couple of dollars each is crazy. It just alienates vegans in my opinion. Half of us are students and who can afford that?
ReplyQuote

9 11 Feb 2011
i have never spent more than $15 at LOTF so too me thats not too bad,
but if your ordering things like that, they must be expensive
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au