Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Satin Smooth brand wax products

Are they cruelty free???

1 - 8 of 8 posts

Bec & Laura Bec & Laura NSW Posts: 72
1 15 Feb 2011
Hi guys, does anybody know if the above brand of wax is tested on animals?
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
2 15 Feb 2011
No idea, but I am searching for a cruelty free, vegan brand of wax strips that I can buy in-store now that the epilator is on the fritz. -_-'
ReplyQuote

Akasha213 Akasha213 VIC Posts: 227
3 16 Feb 2011
I'm not sure about Satin Smooth.

I know Waxaway do not test on animals but I find it very very sticky and difficult to remove. It also leaves heaps of hair sad

But it's the only brand I'm sure of.

I often wonder about Nads because it's supposed to be all natural but I sent them an email ages ago and never had a response so I can only assume they had nothing good to say so decided not to say anything.
ReplyQuote

Val Val NSW Posts: 339
4 31 May 2011
I was just researching now as I'm in need of some wax strips!! And apparently Parissa Wax strips and warm wax (the one you heat up) are vegan happy
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
5 28 Aug 2011
Val said:
I was just researching now as I'm in need of some wax strips!! And apparently Parissa Wax strips and warm wax (the one you heat up) are vegan happy
I just went to buy some parissa wax and they charge $50 for shipping to australia!!!
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
6 28 Aug 2011
Just bought some vegan 'moom' wax from ebay
ReplyQuote

Val Val NSW Posts: 339
7 30 Nov 2011
katherooni said:
Val said:
I just went to buy some parissa wax and they charge $50 for shipping to australia!!!
Thats true actually when I went on their site it was SO expensive sad
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
8 26 Jan 2012
I just found via google about a similar method to waxing called "Sugaring"

you make a wax with sugar, lemon and water and apply it similar to wax etc, would take a little bit of practice to do, would be good for legs, doing your own bikini and under arms could be difficult though!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au