Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Plan of 300 Kangaroos to be slaughtered each year for three years.

How can we help to stop this cruel act?!

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Courtney_1 Courtney_1 VIC Posts: 335
1 16 Feb 2011
Here's the article:
http://whittlesea-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/eden-park-roos-in-firing-line/
It's pretty self explanatory. They're planning on killing 300 kangaroos each year for three years and then harming 50 more every year after that. Leaving a comment on the link as people are doing, isn't going to do much - So is there any way that we can stop this disgusting and cruel act? D':
Any petitions or any protests we can hold?
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
2 16 Feb 2011
I think the best way to really reduce a lot of cruelty to kangaroos would be by international attention. It is so normal these days for aussies to not care about our old roo's but a lot of people overseas still do.
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
3 16 Feb 2011
Oh that's terrible!
We could start a petition on this site - http://animals.change.org/
I'll have a look if there is one already on there, though, we don't want a double up!

EDIT: I did a quick search on "kangaroos" and there were a few petitions, but none were about this particular issue, so I'd say it's safe to start a petition! I'm not sure if you need an account so start a petition or not, but if you do, would you like me to start it as I already have an account?
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
4 16 Feb 2011
Courtney_1 said:
They're planning on killing 300 kangaroos each year for three years and then harming 50 more every year after that.
what do u mean by harming 50 more every year after that? of they reduce the pop by killing 300 that wont do much. there needs to be a humane way to control the popualtion
ReplyQuote

5 16 Feb 2011
Mean people wear fur said:
Oh that's terrible!
We could start a petition on this site - http://animals.change.org/
I'll have a look if there is one already on there, though, we don't want a double up!

EDIT: I did a quick search on "kangaroos" and there were a few petitions, but none were about this particular issue, so I'd say it's safe to start a petition! I'm not sure if you need an account so start a petition or not, but if you do, would you like me to start it as I already have an account?
Oh, okay, well no, I don't have an account so I'd would be awesome if you could start a petition! ecstatic
Thank you. [:
ReplyQuote

6 16 Feb 2011
shanii said:
Courtney_1 said:
They're planning on killing 300 kangaroos each year for three years and then harming 50 more every year after that.
what do u mean by harming 50 more every year after that? of they reduce the pop by killing 300 that wont do much. there needs to be a humane way to control the popualtion
The thing is, killing an animal, no matter what way they do it is never humane! We wouldn't kill animals in the first place, and just because people try to kill it the most 'humane' way possible doesn't make it any better.
Did you read the link? It says they're going to kill off/harm another 50 kangaroos each year after the 900 kangaroos are killed. This is their land, not ours.
ReplyQuote

Andrewxxx Andrewxxx VIC Posts: 272
7 16 Feb 2011
You could start by writing letters to NMIT and the local paper. Kangaroo shooting is a bit of an issue at the moment so you could also try The Age, I wouldn't bother with the herald sun. A lot of the time people will back away from this kind of thing the more public it becomes.

Don't know if a regular petition would be any good but if you're in the area a petition of nearby residents would help I think.

I know that articles only a few days old but is this kind of old news? It sounds really familiar.
ReplyQuote

8 16 Feb 2011
AndrewF said:
You could start by writing letters to NMIT and the local paper. Kangaroo shooting is a bit of an issue at the moment so you could also try The Age, I wouldn't bother with the herald sun. A lot of the time people will back away from this kind of thing the more public it becomes.

Don't know if a regular petition would be any good but if you're in the area a petition of nearby residents would help I think.

I know that articles only a few days old but is this kind of old news? It sounds really familiar.
Yeah, I think I might try writing in to some of them, see what I can do.
And yeah, I thought the same thing. This is a different area though and a different amount of kangaroos they want to cull, so.
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
9 17 Feb 2011
Okay, I'll start it this afternoon as I'm usually busy in mornings, and then there's school (nooo).
What do you think I should make the signature goal? Do you think we should have a deadline for signatures? Oh, and finally, do you think that I should make it a Local Official, Business leader, or Private Decision maker (if petition is about a local issue or concerns the private sector), a State Elected Official (if it's a state-level issue) or a Federal Elected Official (if petition is about a national issue)?
I was thinking Federal Elected Official, because I think that there are many other Australians that will have an issue with this, but then I think they are only culling them in the Northern Lodge bushlands, so would that be a state issue? Would it be a Local Official because it concerns Eden Park? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to pick the wrong one!
ReplyQuote

10 17 Feb 2011
Mean people wear fur said:
Okay, I'll start it this afternoon as I'm usually busy in mornings, and then there's school (nooo).
What do you think I should make the signature goal? Do you think we should have a deadline for signatures? Oh, and finally, do you think that I should make it a Local Official, Business leader, or Private Decision maker (if petition is about a local issue or concerns the private sector), a State Elected Official (if it's a state-level issue) or a Federal Elected Official (if petition is about a national issue)?
I was thinking Federal Elected Official, because I think that there are many other Australians that will have an issue with this, but then I think they are only culling them in the Northern Lodge bushlands, so would that be a state issue? Would it be a Local Official because it concerns Eden Park? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to pick the wrong one!
LOL, I know. Oh, school. tongue
Um, I guess the deadline for the petition really depends on when there thinking of culling the kangaroos. Would we be able to use the petition to get them to not cull them, though?
And I'd probaly say State Elected Offical or a Federal Elected Offical because I guess this subject is a state and nation problem that needs to be stopped.
Don't worry about the questions, it's fine. wink
Just do what you think fits best!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au