Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Plan of 300 Kangaroos to be slaughtered each year for three years.

How can we help to stop this cruel act?!

11 - 20 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
11 18 Feb 2011
Okay, I got it up, despite my internet being out yesterday (at the most inconvenient time, typical) and it may not be good, but it was my first online petition, so I think it went pretty well.
Here is the link - http://www.change.org/petitions/ask-tafe-in-melbourne-australia-to-stop-culling-kangaroos
ReplyQuote

Daniel5 Daniel5 VIC Posts: 93
12 19 Feb 2011
Theyre over populated if we dont cull them they will starve to death so instead of writing petitions come up with a different solution
ReplyQuote

edward1 edward1 VIC Posts: 4
13 19 Feb 2011
humans are over populated kill them all!
ReplyQuote

14 19 Feb 2011
Daniel5 said:
Theyre over populated if we dont cull them they will starve to death so instead of writing petitions come up with a different solution
If you ask me, some countries/cities/etc are over populated. Do we go around killing people so that there will be less numbers?
If you're so against petitions, how about you come up with this miracle solution that you seem to think we should come with?
Just a few questions for you daniel, looking forward to your response.
ReplyQuote

15 20 Feb 2011
my miricle solution is exactly what they are doing cull them to sustainable levels.
ReplyQuote

16 20 Feb 2011
Daniel5 said:
my miricle solution is exactly what they are doing cull them to sustainable levels.
That does not make sense. In your last post you said "Theyre over populated if we dont cull them they will starve to death so instead of writing petitions come up with a different solution."
"Come up with a DIFFERENT solution"
So, before you wanted a different solution to culling kangaroos, and now you are in favor of it? Huh.  confused

Just going to ignore my other questions, are you?  rolleyes
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
17 20 Feb 2011
Mean people wear fur said:
Daniel5 said:
That does not make sense. In your last post you said "Theyre over populated if we dont cull them they will starve to death so instead of writing petitions come up with a different solution."
So, before you wanted a different solution to culling kangaroos, and now you are in favor of it? Huh.  confused

*grimaces* Ah...he didn't say he wanted a different solution.  It was directed to towards those here that are writing petitions that they come up with a different solution.

And culling is just another euphemism for killing. That is all.
ReplyQuote

18 20 Feb 2011
TheSixthStitch said:
Mean people wear fur said:
Daniel5 said:

*grimaces* Ah...he didn't say he wanted a different solution.  It was directed to towards those here that are writing petitions that they come up with a different solution.

And culling is just another euphemism for killing. That is all.
Oh, I got the impression that he still wanted us to come up with a solution, just something other than petitions, then changed his mind and was for the culling of kangaroos.
I agree with you, culling is just another word for killing.
ReplyQuote

19 20 Feb 2011
Thankyou six my point was exactly that.  And you are right cull is the same as kill just as when you have your pets euthanised or put down its the same as Killing them but you wouldnt say that
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
20 20 Feb 2011
Daniel5 said:
And you are right cull is the same as kill just as when you have your pets euthanised or put down its the same as Killing them but you wouldnt say that
Very true, and I would say that. What I am implying here is the gravity in the act of killing, something that should not be treated lightly - as you would expect from a society/nation/cultures espousing morals and values. Language, such as the use of culling and euthanasia seeks to diminish/excuse the seriousness of these acts, acts that contradict our morals. Of course euthanasia and culling are contextually different applications of killing (edit: as are the reasons within in each act) and should be treated so.

Nothing in my experiences has led me to believe that we live in a world of absolutes, so I cannot rule out the act of killing entirely. What I can say however that we can and should seek all alternatives to their utmost entirety before we end life (edit: if feasible). In respect to kangaroos, I would ask why so many, how much damage they're doing, to whom they are causing the damage to, is this act justified, etc....
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au