Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Silk

What are your thoughts on the use of silk?

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Bec & Laura Bec & Laura NSW Posts: 72
1 17 Feb 2011
Hi guys, just wanted to get some opinions on the use of silk in clothing? do any of you wear it?
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 17 Feb 2011
I think the general consensus is that it's not vegan, and I'm pretty sure silkworms are crushed in the process of making it. sad
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
3 17 Feb 2011
Would never wear silk. The silk worms are submerged in hot water to get the silk out easier. It kills them and its cruel.
ReplyQuote

EarthDefender EarthDefender QLD Posts: 270
4 17 Feb 2011
Actually I just thought about this the other day when I put on a dress I bought years ago...it's insanely beautiful...but it's made outta silk...I'd never buy silk again...but I figure now that I've got it ...:-/
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
5 17 Feb 2011
I wouldn't wear silk, which is a shame, theres so many kinds of silk tahts so nice.

also means getting a custom made  wedding dress! but there is an upside..satin is cheaper than silk haha
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
6 18 Feb 2011
Silk is not vegan, and is cruel. sad Unfortunately the other day I bought a skirt from work (since I need to wear their clothes as my uniform) without realizing that it was a silk skirt. =/ I'll be selling it as soon as I find a new job.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au