Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Melbourne leafleting

this Wednesday and Saturday (16/2 & 20/2)

1 - 8 of 8 posts

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
1 20 Feb 2011
Hey guys!

I'm going to be out this Wednesday and Sunday getting out some leaflets. At this point, they are either going to be Animal Australia's 'Please Think Before You Buy" or the famous "Why Vegan?" booklets.

WEDNESDAY LEAFLETING
If we go with the Animals Australia leaflets, we'll be meeting at Flinders Street Station (on the big steps) at 6.30pm and will be leafleting till 8pm.

If we go with the Why Vegans, we'll probably head-down to RMIT to catch the O'Week crowds but we'll still meet at Flinders and catch the train from there.

SATURDAY LEAFLETING
If we go with the Animal Australia leaflets, we'll be meeting on the corner of Bourke Street and Swanston Street at 11am, leafleting till approx 1pm.

If we go with the Why Vegans, we'll be leafleting at the State Library catching the students at 11am, leafleting till approx 1pm.

If it looks like rain, leafleting will be CANCELLED.

To clarrify any details, hit me up either here or on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1707860698)

Hope to see you cool dudes out there!

Stay loud!

Matt.
ReplyQuote

Alyssa Alyssa VIC Posts: 296
2 20 Feb 2011
Noooooo! I have a Uni orientation thing Wednesday and work on Saturday. Damn.
Ahh well, good luck, guys! Will weekly leafleting be starting up again at all?
ReplyQuote

3 20 Feb 2011
Alyssa said:
Hey Alyssa! Long time, no see! happy

Yes, now that I'm going to be getting into my routine with uni, leafleting will be done again on a regular basis! I'm excited. happy Hopefully now that we're both at uni we can come up with some more creative, effective ideas as well!

by the way, i saw that you're going to be going to Monash? Was that at the Caulfield or Clayton campus? I live pretty close to the Clayton campus, and I know there are some other Clayton AR people, so if you're there we can maybe think about getting something going there!
ReplyQuote

Alyssa Alyssa VIC Posts: 296
4 20 Feb 2011
Matt. Y said:
Alyssa said:
Hey Alyssa! Long time, no see! happy

Yes, now that I'm going to be getting into my routine with uni, leafleting will be done again on a regular basis! I'm excited. happy Hopefully now that we're both at uni we can come up with some more creative, effective ideas as well!

by the way, i saw that you're going to be going to Monash? Was that at the Caulfield or Clayton campus? I live pretty close to the Clayton campus, and I know there are some other Clayton AR people, so if you're there we can maybe think about getting something going there!
I know, right! It has been ages!

That is great to hear! I haven't leafleted properly in ages and I have been craving a good leafleting sesh haha Yep, hopefully our uni experiences inspire better activism from us happy

I am going to the Clayton campus. It would be awesome if we could start something there! I was trying to suss out whether there was an AR group there through the clubs and societies bit on the website the other day, but I am guessing there is not haha We should definitely try to set something up. It'd be good to meet other like minded people as well happy
ReplyQuote

5 21 Feb 2011
THIS WEDNESDAY IS CANCELLED! I have university commitments I wasn't initially aware of, Saturday though is still definitely on. See you there!
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
6 21 Feb 2011
does AA have the permits last time our leafletting got shut down on bourke street as new legislation covers leafletting , must have permits now, this time if your caught AA will be fined if we dont have one yet
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
7 22 Feb 2011
Unleashed Admin
jack said:
does AA have the permits last time our leafletting got shut down on bourke street as new legislation covers leafletting , must have permits now, this time if your caught AA will be fined if we dont have one yet
Thanks Jack. No we don't have the permits yet. We are working on it. So Matt, please refrain from handing out AA literature on Melbourne City Council land until we have this worked out.

In the meanwhile, the Why Vegan booklets are a good option - and I'd suggest the best spot to hand them out would be at universities.

Thanks thumb
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
8 22 Feb 2011
yes dont use AA ones ;P
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au