Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Bones for "Flavour"

Cruelty free replacement to stop my mum buying animal bones...

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
1 25 Feb 2011
So mother bought some bones from the butchers today, (>.>wink no doubt I was pretty upset (near tears at the thought) & I guess; hysterical. Anyway she told me they're already dead, & of course I explained that she was just supporting the industry by buying it (& the workers were looking at me like I was crazy)... anyway it ended up in me saying I was disappointed and hurt by her so I asked her 'why' and she said they "add flavour".

Bottom line, I was wondering, are there any such thing as  "mock bones" (I know, I highly doubt it) I could use or something to add flavour? I'm not sure if it's the actual bulkiness of the bones or just the flavour itself... I suggested tofu, but she didn't buy it. I don't think any mock meat will work because she assures me that she "won't get the meat". Is there anything out there like that?

I think this is the last excuse for her, so if I can replace this, she'll have no excuses left.

Please & thank you.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
2 25 Feb 2011
Massal Stock my friend wink
ReplyQuote

3 25 Feb 2011
Ooh thanks Leesa! happy I will definitely check that out, & hopefully it'll be good enough for her xD
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
4 25 Feb 2011
Jen said:
Ooh thanks Leesa! happy I will definitely check that out, & hopefully it'll be good enough for her xD
No worries Jen, They have chicken, beef & vegetable but they are all made from vegetables not animals! They are super yummy happy

So next time yo mama goes to get some bones to 'add flavour' tell her to get out of the dark ages and buy some stock! happy
ReplyQuote

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
5 25 Feb 2011
It's interesting that they are pretty much the most popular brand and vegan, I wonder if most people buying stock know that lol.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
6 26 Feb 2011
Yvan said:
It's interesting that they are pretty much the most popular brand and vegan, I wonder if most people buying stock know that lol.
ecstatic I love it when that happens.
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
7 26 Feb 2011
wild child2 said:
Jen said:
No worries Jen, They have chicken, beef & vegetable but they are all made from vegetables not animals! They are super yummy happy

So next time yo mama goes to get some bones to 'add flavour' tell her to get out of the dark ages and buy some stock! happy
I actually laughed out loud at that. It was like a 'yo mama so fat' joke but like 'Yo mama still in the dark ages so she uses bones'. Its probably not funny but it gave me the giggles.  laugh

I find this really interesting because while I was aware of 'Soup bones' I didn't think the bone actually adds any flavour. After all, its just bone? So why wouldn't actual 'flavourings' be used?
ReplyQuote

8 27 Feb 2011
kimberleyfrancess said:
wild child2 said:
Jen said:

I actually laughed out loud at that. It was like a 'yo mama so fat' joke but like 'Yo mama still in the dark ages so she uses bones'. Its probably not funny but it gave me the giggles.  laugh

I find this really interesting because while I was aware of 'Soup bones' I didn't think the bone actually adds any flavour. After all, its just bone? So why wouldn't actual 'flavourings' be used?
To be honest I think it's just an excuse happy so if I get something to replace it... I wonder how she'll take it. She's still in the belief that I'm not getting enough nutrients from my diet... but I'll change that xD
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
9 27 Feb 2011
At shopping about a week ago, I was checking out stock for my dad. He was about to go through a small medical procedure and couldn't eat very much. One of the things he could have was chicken stock... so I had a look at them and nothing suited what my dad needed. Anyway, I came across the vegan chicken stock, not sure what it was called, and I said to my b/f 'hey look, I found that vegan stock everyone was talking about on unleashed!' We checked it out, then moved on... THEN I noticed a girl, who was within ear-shot, pick up the vegan stock! I was wondering whether she was vegan or maybe I somehow convinced her to check it out, but it made me smile happy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au