Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

" I'm not a veggie-nut. I am a decent Australian"

*ouch* what do u think?

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
1 2 Mar 2011
well today i came across a fb page "STOP the sale of horse meat for human consumption in WA" and i saw a post from a woman named Cathy Myors has any1 herd of her b4? well she is a lil bit crazy :/ ..

so this is what she wrote ( a letter to some1 not sure)
Dear Des,

Absolutely shocked with the disgusting experiments of using our traditional companion animals as 'meat' meal. Just read the article about that freak butcher in WA - I think he really is only doing it to be controversial. Did he rea...lly speak of 'unwanted kids ponies' being fair game for butchering? This means he is eyeing off dogs and cats in animal shelters as far as I can get from this. This man is a maggot, out of touch with the Australian culture. The use of horses as a food will not be tolerated. I will applaude all methods to stop him, both to stop this insult on MY culture, and to prevent more companion animals species ending up on a plate by his whim.

No - I'm not a veggie-nut. I am a decent Australian, pleased to see the trend of animal husbandry improving in Australia. I don't want to see this good work going backwards due to a piece of disgusting filth with a smartarse attitude considering all our traditional companion animals, and our culture, as joke to be carved up.

Cathy Myors

i guessed i was shocked to find that this is what she thinks of veg*ns. ouch , am i right?

this was my comment back to her , still waiting for her to responded

"
‎" I'm not a veggie-nut. I am a decent Australian" *ouch* cathy is this what u think of veg*n? . that was harsh. so i not a decent australian becouse i choose not to comsume meat off a pig, cow, chicken ect. i admire u wanting to stop the ...sale of horse meat in australia, we all want it to stop , as for 1- it isnt australian and 2- there is no need for it .

Cathy what do u think of pigs, sheep, cows and chickens? do u have any as pets or ever meet 1 and got to experiance them for ur self? . im 17 and i rescue livestock from slaughter and abused and negelect and they are amazing animals infact i love sheep, pigs and cows more then anything in the world. i actually ( as much as i loved my horse - i sold him to a loving home) sold my horse so i could rescue livestock - judge me if u will- but Noah went to a beautiful home and i would rather give up horse riding to rescue and educate about the horrors of factory farming in aust. Have u seen the conditions of animals rasied for food in AUST?. how they are slaughted ? and treated? they are worse off then horses, at lest most horses ( not all) have had some1 love them once in there life unlike a pig who is shonded into darkness and in a create so small it cant moove and has her babies taken away from her and they have there teeth crused and pulled out and there tails painfully cut off without pain relief. the only day the pig see's sunlight is her last day of her life. pigs are killed without been stunned , they just have there throat slit and bleed to death, screaming on the floor trying to hold onto its last breath. how is this fair? if it wasnt for slaughter houses there would be more horses out there starving, neglected and diseased. even tho they are cruel it does save them from a long death. i dont agree with wat they do but until people see what is happening to these horses, the abuse wont stop.

if ur going to write letters cathy dont get abusive ( name calling and insulting) other wise no1 will listen to u. just a tip.

can u please answer my questions happy i feel kinda insulted by wat u wrote :/"

i know its long but what are your thoughts on this?
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
2 2 Mar 2011
I hate it when people always go the "veg people are crazy!" way in discussions, or bring veganism/vegetarianism into everything. Her comment was fine, I do not see why she thought she needed to add "I am not a veggie-nut I am a decent Australian" to it.
I have liked your comment and posted my own - "Cathy what exactly do you mean by "I'm not a veggie-nut. I am a decent Australian"? It looks to me as though you are implying that vegetarians and vegans are crazy nutcases and that we are not decent Australians. If that is what you meant then I am appalled by the fact you believe things such as that."
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
4 2 Mar 2011
hmm as a decent australian I wasn't aware there was a line that divides animals should be fed gourmet pet food and petted and ones who have absolutely no value but to be killed.

ought to look up the word "decent" much...
ReplyQuote

5 2 Mar 2011
when i read this i was kinda shocked that she added that comment in, plus there was no need for it.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
6 2 Mar 2011
This is just the perfect example of a complete moron who thinks 'companion' animals deserve more rights than factory 'farm' animals.

There isn't a difference, I don't see how someone who eats cow, sheep, chicken etc can have a problem eating ANY kind of meat.
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
7 2 Mar 2011
I'm surprised this came from Cathy - sort of. She is quite vocal on 'Ban Jumps Racing' on facebook. Its good to have people on side but I suppose everyone has a different opinion.
ReplyQuote

8 3 Mar 2011
kimberleyfrancess said:
I'm surprised this came from Cathy - sort of. She is quite vocal on 'Ban Jumps Racing' on facebook. Its good to have people on side but I suppose everyone has a different opinion.
i have had a few convos with cathy on ban jumps racing , i agree with some things she says but she does get "agressive" and start threating and name calling people thats probs why so many think she is insane  confused
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
9 4 Mar 2011
shanii said:
kimberleyfrancess said:
i have had a few convos with cathy on ban jumps racing , i agree with some things she says but she does get "agressive" and start threating and name calling people thats probs why so many think she is insane  confused
so she's just an omni-nut tongue
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
10 7 Mar 2011
Have you seen her reply?
It is this - "I was talking to a stoneheart in my letter, and to get anywhere you need to talk their language at times - so people don't get p'd off because I used his talk. If you are that sensitive you need to take a step back and learn more about your... enemy. They wont listen to the hard core Vege Anarchists (friend of mine's term - don't get on your blowers again please). Save your hate for the right people please.

Stop Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption. Is there anything more perverted than a rich country cooking up and eating a companion animal?

Do you have to be a VA now have anything to do with this forum?"

and then one of the admins commented back - "Of course you do not have to be a Vegan Activist if that is what VA stands for. This is about stopping the creation of yet another meat market in Australia - and of course aimed at stopping humans eating Horse Meat for a variety of reasons....
Some of us are Vegans some of us are not. We do not represent anyone other than our own agenda of stopping the trade in horse meat for humans.
You are free to discuss your views, however lets keep it productive and constructive.
As for if I think it is perverted (and I speak only on my behalf and not on the other 2 Admins) I do, however I also personally do not see the difference in suffering of a Cow or a Horse, they suffer the same. If I can save horses from becoming yet another creature used for mass consumed burger meat, then it would be a good day for me."

I 'liked' the admins comment.  thumb
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au