Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Is it normal for me to get emotional while listening to music?

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Becatron Becatron QLD Posts: 152
1 9 Mar 2011
I've been looking up bands & more music lately, and I found Stephen Denham. (http://stephendenham.bandcamp.com/)

I started listening to "I'd like to know" and as soon as ai heard his voice my eyes teared up... Is this normal? Please say yes ... :|
ReplyQuote

Taxidermied Baphomet Taxidermied Baphomet NSW Posts: 292
2 9 Mar 2011
Yes! Dont worry, it's normal.. im listening to the music now.. it really does have alot of emotion in the song.. and meaning.. it is sad..

Ever since i had my child i have become extra emotional, i even cried at 'Milo and Otis'!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
3 9 Mar 2011
Of course it's normal! Listen to some Bon Iver, it's heartbreaking. Music is all about emotion, there's nothing wrong with you happy
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 10 Mar 2011
Yes it most certainly is normal, music influences everyone's emotions. That's why some songs are 'sad' and others might be 'happy', because of how the songs influence the listener's emotions.

I'm pretty sure that music can be so emotionally influential that it's sometimes used as therapy for those who suffer with depression, and other psychological disorders.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
5 11 Mar 2011
wellllll when im angry... i listen to angry music.... when im sad.... sad music etc etc so yes it is normal. tongue
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au