Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Cesar Millan kicks dogs!

Watch the video to see proof :(

61 - 70 of 155 posts   4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  

Aaron Aaron VIC Posts: 535
61 16 Mar 2011
BTW this whole "ignore bad behaviour" is stupid.
Like if my dog is attacking the curtains am i meant to just look away and when he stops reward him?
Dogs need to know who is in charge. It's how they work in the wild.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
62 16 Mar 2011
Aaron said:
Like if my dog is attacking the curtains am i meant to just look away and when he stops reward him?
From what I've been reading today it's reinforcing good behaviour that really works. For example if your dog was attacking the curtains, approaching him and asking him to sit or leave (and if he responds) then reward him for the right behaviour. Or asking him to leave the curtains then giving him a toy and rewarding him that way should teach him that the curtains are not a toy lol

?? Not sure, I'm no wizz...

And having your dogs worn out daily is good for them! A tired dog is a good dog in my books lol happy
ReplyQuote

Jacqui T Jacqui T NSW Posts: 796
63 16 Mar 2011
Aaron said:
Totally unrelated but hi Oprah! Thanks for the pearls!
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
64 16 Mar 2011
This thread was pretty long so I didn't read it all but basically...
Cesar treats dogs like dogs treat dogs- he grew up around wild dogs and that's where he learned everything. I support his method. Not all forceful physical contact is bad, if a dog is out of line then the canine pack leader can bite him (and it may even hurt) to get him back in. Aslong as the proof is in the pudding (and it is with Cesar) then do what's best for the dog and everyone's safety. Cesar's methods can literally be the difference between an aggressive dog living and dying- he also has rehabilitated many abused and abandoned animals to make them suitable for rehoming. He's a hero.
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1084
65 16 Mar 2011
Hedwig said:
I had to laugh at that  laugh
ReplyQuote

Shonnie Shonnie VIC Posts: 237
66 16 Mar 2011
Interestingly when I tried the link earlier today it had been removed for copyright reasons? Hmm
ReplyQuote

Jaydin Jaydin NSW Posts: 31
67 17 Mar 2011
wild child2 said:
Hey Jaydin, thanks for the links. They make a lot of sense.
I have looked into Sophia Yin today and really love her techniques. I am going to say goodbye to Cesar and see how I go using Sophia's techniques. Need to get myself a bum bag & fill it with treats for our walks happy

Thanks alot for your advice.

Here is a link for anyone else interested in Sophia Yin's training techniques.

http://drsophiayin.com/philosophy/dominance/
No problem Wild Child! I'm glad that you've found use in those articles happy
ReplyQuote

68 17 Mar 2011
Mean people wear fur said:
Hedwig said:
I had to laugh at that  laugh
Haters! lol
Oprah does lots of good for the world so what if she gave out pearls...

peace_out
ReplyQuote

69 17 Mar 2011
Aimee said:
This thread was pretty long so I didn't read it all but basically...
Cesar treats dogs like dogs treat dogs- he grew up around wild dogs and that's where he learned everything. I support his method. Not all forceful physical contact is bad, if a dog is out of line then the canine pack leader can bite him (and it may even hurt) to get him back in. Aslong as the proof is in the pudding (and it is with Cesar) then do what's best for the dog and everyone's safety. Cesar's methods can literally be the difference between an aggressive dog living and dying- he also has rehabilitated many abused and abandoned animals to make them suitable for rehoming. He's a hero.
He has a beautiful Aura too happy and his teeth! Oh my... makes me want to go brush my teeth 20 times lol
ReplyQuote

70 17 Mar 2011
Jaydin said:
wild child2 said:
Hey Jaydin, thanks for the links. They make a lot of sense.
I have looked into Sophia Yin today and really love her techniques. I am going to say goodbye to Cesar and see how I go using Sophia's techniques. Need to get myself a bum bag & fill it with treats for our walks happy

Thanks alot for your advice.

Here is a link for anyone else interested in Sophia Yin's training techniques.

http://drsophiayin.com/philosophy/dominance/
No problem Wild Child! I'm glad that you've found use in those articles happy
Sophia does support the use of electric collars or check chains in some instances (where they prove effective) with certain dogs too.
ReplyQuote

[ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ]  [ 9 ]  [ 10 ] 
Sign In or Register

What's on your mind? We want to know! Sign in with your Unleashed forum account or register to have your say!

E-Mail:
Password:
  Lost password?
Who
Most Liked Contributors
Today's Top Poster Aly Today's most liked:
Aly
July's Top Poster Aly July's most liked: Aly (6 likes)

Blog News