Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Voice magazine closing :(

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Ron Ron NSW Posts: 233
1 18 Mar 2011
Just got an email from Sienna & Max to say that the magazine 'Vegan Voice' is no more.

This is really sad as it's the best and only vegan mag in Australia.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
2 18 Mar 2011
I've never even heard of them. It's sad that they're closing, I would have started buying their magazine.
ReplyQuote

3 18 Mar 2011
This is their website, Maggie:

http://veganic.net/
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 18 Mar 2011
Ron said:
This is their website, Maggie:

http://veganic.net/
I notice the subscribe page isn't working. sad

I wish they weren't closing, it looks really good.
ReplyQuote

Tangled.legs Tangled.legs VIC Posts: 39
5 18 Mar 2011
aww thats sucks i just went on the website and it looks really good.
unleashed should do a magazine.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2546
6 18 Mar 2011
Oh bummer! sad

I've been buying their mag for nearly 5 years... Do you know why they're shutting down?
ReplyQuote

7 18 Mar 2011
ckimana said:
Oh bummer! sad

I've been buying their mag for nearly 5 years... Do you know why they're shutting down?
Sienna recently was bitten, twice, by a highly venomous snake and the pressure of producing the mag.  Sienna says it was almost a labour of love and they made very little money from it.

I don't there's any other veg*n mag in Australia now as 'Natural Health & Vegetarian' or whatever it was called, also shut down recently I've been told.

I guess there's so much on the 'Net these days with forums etc. that mags are kinda superfluous.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
8 18 Mar 2011
oh no,i love vegan voice, especially since i just bought another years subscription 3 weeks ago haha
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2546
9 18 Mar 2011
Ron said:
ckimana said:
Oh bummer! sad

Sienna recently was bitten, twice, by a highly venomous snake and the pressure of producing the mag.  Sienna says it was almost a labour of love and they made very little money from it.

I don't there's any other veg*n mag in Australia now as 'Natural Health & Vegetarian' or whatever it was called, also shut down recently I've been told.

I guess there's so much on the 'Net these days with forums etc. that mags are kinda superfluous.
I didn't know that about Natural Health & Vegetarian Life either. What a pity! I used to buy their mag before I knew Vegan Voice existed.

I always thought Vegan Voice should have charged more for subscriptions, but I guess they were just happy to be a support base for veg*ns. They're mag was fantastic, always with plenty of useful info. I'll be sad to see them go. Hope Sienna is recovering ok from the snake bite.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au