Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Voice magazine closing :(

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Ron Ron NSW Posts: 233
1 18 Mar 2011
Just got an email from Sienna & Max to say that the magazine 'Vegan Voice' is no more.

This is really sad as it's the best and only vegan mag in Australia.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
2 18 Mar 2011
I've never even heard of them. It's sad that they're closing, I would have started buying their magazine.
ReplyQuote

3 18 Mar 2011
This is their website, Maggie:

http://veganic.net/
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 18 Mar 2011
Ron said:
This is their website, Maggie:

http://veganic.net/
I notice the subscribe page isn't working. sad

I wish they weren't closing, it looks really good.
ReplyQuote

Tangled.legs Tangled.legs VIC Posts: 39
5 18 Mar 2011
aww thats sucks i just went on the website and it looks really good.
unleashed should do a magazine.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
6 18 Mar 2011
Oh bummer! sad

I've been buying their mag for nearly 5 years... Do you know why they're shutting down?
ReplyQuote

7 18 Mar 2011
ckimana said:
Oh bummer! sad

I've been buying their mag for nearly 5 years... Do you know why they're shutting down?
Sienna recently was bitten, twice, by a highly venomous snake and the pressure of producing the mag.  Sienna says it was almost a labour of love and they made very little money from it.

I don't there's any other veg*n mag in Australia now as 'Natural Health & Vegetarian' or whatever it was called, also shut down recently I've been told.

I guess there's so much on the 'Net these days with forums etc. that mags are kinda superfluous.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
8 18 Mar 2011
oh no,i love vegan voice, especially since i just bought another years subscription 3 weeks ago haha
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
9 18 Mar 2011
Ron said:
ckimana said:
Oh bummer! sad

Sienna recently was bitten, twice, by a highly venomous snake and the pressure of producing the mag.  Sienna says it was almost a labour of love and they made very little money from it.

I don't there's any other veg*n mag in Australia now as 'Natural Health & Vegetarian' or whatever it was called, also shut down recently I've been told.

I guess there's so much on the 'Net these days with forums etc. that mags are kinda superfluous.
I didn't know that about Natural Health & Vegetarian Life either. What a pity! I used to buy their mag before I knew Vegan Voice existed.

I always thought Vegan Voice should have charged more for subscriptions, but I guess they were just happy to be a support base for veg*ns. They're mag was fantastic, always with plenty of useful info. I'll be sad to see them go. Hope Sienna is recovering ok from the snake bite.
ReplyQuote

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).