Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Anna Bligh!!!! ARGH!!

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

Simo Simo QLD Posts: 23
1 3 Sep 2009
Okay, I am just venting on how pissed I am about Anna Bligh and her stupid little representative AKA SHEEP!!

Also, has anyone got those friends of theirs who aren't vegetarian or vegan and believe that they're 'true' aussies because they eat meat??
People who dont care about how it got to their plate, but just that it's there?
Ever had those people who try to tell you that you're wrong and that "nothing of the sort would happen in Australia"??

Majority that I know do, but only one, Jared P., stands up and says anything...

Piss you off?

Does to me.

Share.
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
3 3 Sep 2009
Simo said:
Ever had those people who try to tell you that you're wrong and that "nothing of the sort would happen in Australia"??
ohhhh yeah. heard that before. of COURSE something like that couldnt happen in australia because australia is so nice and welcoming and friendly. thats only the sort of thing americans do. psh..f**k that.

yes..i have friends who eat meat, it hurts very much..
ReplyQuote

Francis Francis VIC Posts: 286
4 3 Sep 2009
I received an email frmo Anna Bligh the other day telling me how successful, safe and sustainable the Kangaroo industry is...

Did you know they only kill 10% of the population each year?

I didn't.
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
6 3 Sep 2009
Unleashed Admin
Francis said:
I received an email frmo Anna Bligh the other day telling me how successful, safe and sustainable the Kangaroo industry is...

I didn't.
A 9 out of 10 chance of not getting killed ain't bad tongue
ReplyQuote

Mel Mel NSW Posts: 289
7 4 Sep 2009
Jesse said:
Francis said:

I didn't.
A 9 out of 10 chance of not getting killed ain't bad tongue
I wish i could make people feel THEY had a 9 in 10 chance of not being murdered (without murdering them of course)
although I'm sure in some countries that's exactly how it is
ReplyQuote

Simo Simo QLD Posts: 23
8 4 Sep 2009
- Vegan Freak - said:
Simo said:
ohhhh yeah. heard that before. of COURSE something like that couldnt happen in australia because australia is so nice and welcoming and friendly. thats only the sort of thing americans do. psh..f**k that.

yes..i have friends who eat meat, it hurts very much..
Yeah.. it sucks so bad... specially when they give one of their male mates s**t for going veg and call him a pussy and what not and saying he's not a real man.. pshh.. I wanna get one of the guys outta the 'beefcakes' article to go smack him one right now >.< Show him that a vegetarian/vegan can still kick his ass..
ReplyQuote

Louise Louise QLD Posts: 10
9 4 Sep 2009
yes, sadly i do know the type you're talking about. in fact most of my family has grown up in the bush, on farms, or around people who lead those types of lives, so most of my family are those people.  and the sad thing is, my family knows exactly the type of cruelty that goes on, and they still eat meat.  
and yes, it pisses me off so much sometimes but luckily i have a few vegetarian friends at uni so i can vent when i want to. couldnt do without them.
but i have learned that sometimes you need to realise how people were brought up, and while we are in every way "right", it is our belief system. and those people have their belief systems and while we can do everything we can to try and persuade them otherwise, the reality is, they feel the same way about us.  the best thing to do is; if you consider those people friends, try not to bring up anything about vegetarianism. if you do not consider them close friends, just ditch them, they make life hell.
ReplyQuote

Teweesa! Teweesa! NSW Posts: 95
10 5 Sep 2009
Anyone who ever told me I was 'weird', a 'loser' or 'un Australian' for eating meat really wasn't worth my time. The friends I kept around me, even though almost none of them were veggos, were all pretty supportive. Some of them made jokes from time to time (rabbit food, etc.), but it was all in good fun.

If a friend turns on you with such negativity, maybe it's time to rethink that friendship.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au