Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Cruetly free nail polish

That has a wide variety of colours! :)

11 - 20 of 49 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
11 20 Mar 2011
bitchanca said:
Revlon do not test, but they are not 100% vegan. The usual suspects, red products will have carmine, mascaras will have beeswax and lanolin etc.
Revlon were actually one of the first big companies to stop testing, and they're on PETA's do not test list.
Wow! I didn't know that.
Shame they're not 100% vegan, but at least they're not testing.
Thanks for that info.
happy
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
12 31 Oct 2011
I just checked the OPI website, they dont test. But i emailed them to see if they use animal derived products...fingers crossed!!
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
13 31 Oct 2011
katherooni said:
I just checked the OPI website, they dont test. But i emailed them to see if they use animal derived products...fingers crossed!!
they don't happy
ReplyQuote

SaRa_aRaS SaRa_aRaS QLD Posts: 54
14 1 Nov 2011
Sportsgirl sells nailpolish that isnt tested on animals happy They always have quite a few different colours and from what I can tell, they work nicely. Im not sure if the red ones are vegan though.
ReplyQuote

bitchanca bitchanca VIC Posts: 117
15 2 Nov 2011
Lars said:
katherooni said:
they don't happy
OPI are now owned by Coty, who do test. I've still got some OPI nailpolish which I'll use up but I won't be buying any more.
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
16 2 Nov 2011
From OPI

International Beauty Supplies PO Box 334 Terrey Hills NSW 2085
Ph: 02-9486-3211 Fax 02 9486 3233 Email: “
Do OPI products contain any animal ingredients, derivates or by-products or are they tested on animals?
OPI does not perform animal testing, nor do we contract to have it performed elsewhere. When sensitization testing is necessary, we use informed, consenting, paid human volunteers – not animals. Most of our products are free of animal ingredients, including our famous acrylic and gel nail systems. Regarding the other products, nearly all are free of animal products. The few exceptions recently or currently in production are as follows: Almost all of our OPI and Nicole nail polishes are also animal-free; but very small percentage of our nail polish colors use Guanine (international color index # CI 75170) which is derived from fish scales. It’s important to note that MOST of the shimmer-type polishes nowadays derive their shimmer from mica, bismuth oxychloride, aluminum powder, or other mineral/metal sources.

Two products contain C10-C30 Lanosterol / Cholesterol Esters, a lanolin (sheep’s wool-oil) derivative. This material is certified BSE free and safe. Lip Colour Lip Gloss (aka Lip Sheer)

One product contains beeswax (Cera Alba), an insect derivative Lip Liner (all colors) Three products contain CI 75470 (Carmine) an insect derivative: Lip Colour (some colors) Lip Liner (some colors) Lip Gloss (some colors)

Two products contain silk (Serica) or hydrolyzed silk, both insect derivatives: Ridge Filler Avojuice Silk BodyWash, all flavors

One product contains hydrolyzed keratin from a certified BSE free source (New Zealand wool): Avoplex High Intensity Hand Cream Three products until recently contained bovine keratin and/or collagen derivatives. These materials were certified BSE free and safe, but for a variety of reasons we decided to remove them anyway. Acrylic Nail Base Coat Start to Finish Natural Nail Base Coat

This listing does not account for discontinued products, or older versions of current products, that may still be circulating sometimes even years after we ceased manufacturing them.
Over the last several years, our trend and the general cosmetic industry trend has been to move away from most animal ingredients (beeswax excepted). Always check the label and call us if you are uncertain about a specific product.
ReplyQuote

bitchanca bitchanca VIC Posts: 117
17 3 Nov 2011
katherooni said:
From OPI

International Beauty Supplies PO Box 334 Terrey Hills NSW 2085
Ph: 02-9486-3211 Fax 02 9486 3233 Email: “
Do OPI products contain any animal ingredients, derivates or by-products or are they tested on animals?
OPI does not perform animal testing, nor do we contract to have it performed elsewhere. When sensitization testing is necessary, we use informed, consenting, paid human volunteers – not animals. Most of our products are free of animal ingredients, including our famous acrylic and gel nail systems. Regarding the other products, nearly all are free of animal products. The few exceptions recently or currently in production are as follows: Almost all of our OPI and Nicole nail polishes are also animal-free; but very small percentage of our nail polish colors use Guanine (international color index # CI 75170) which is derived from fish scales. It’s important to note that MOST of the shimmer-type polishes nowadays derive their shimmer from mica, bismuth oxychloride, aluminum powder, or other mineral/metal sources.

Two products contain C10-C30 Lanosterol / Cholesterol Esters, a lanolin (sheep’s wool-oil) derivative. This material is certified BSE free and safe. Lip Colour Lip Gloss (aka Lip Sheer)

One product contains beeswax (Cera Alba), an insect derivative Lip Liner (all colors) Three products contain CI 75470 (Carmine) an insect derivative: Lip Colour (some colors) Lip Liner (some colors) Lip Gloss (some colors)

Two products contain silk (Serica) or hydrolyzed silk, both insect derivatives: Ridge Filler Avojuice Silk BodyWash, all flavors

One product contains hydrolyzed keratin from a certified BSE free source (New Zealand wool): Avoplex High Intensity Hand Cream Three products until recently contained bovine keratin and/or collagen derivatives. These materials were certified BSE free and safe, but for a variety of reasons we decided to remove them anyway. Acrylic Nail Base Coat Start to Finish Natural Nail Base Coat

This listing does not account for discontinued products, or older versions of current products, that may still be circulating sometimes even years after we ceased manufacturing them.
Over the last several years, our trend and the general cosmetic industry trend has been to move away from most animal ingredients (beeswax excepted). Always check the label and call us if you are uncertain about a specific product.
This may be the case, but since they're now owned by a company who do conduct tests, we can't really be sure if this remains true. It's kind of like how the Body Shop are owned by Loreal.
ReplyQuote

Ronnie Ronnie QLD Posts: 205
18 30 Jun 2012
I know this is an old post but I though I'd share this "Death by Polish" info regarding OPI.  You can go to this website to see OPIs stance on keeping their company cruelty-free. http://deathbypolish.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/opi-and-essie-animal-testing/
ReplyQuote

Chicken Legs Chicken Legs VIC Posts: 72
20 1 Jul 2012
15 bux for hair dye is too much!? :o noooooooooooooooooooo! there are heaps of sexy hair dyes!!!!
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au