Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Mouse Problem

1 - 10 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

ecochick ecochick SA Posts: 214
1 19 Mar 2011
We have a big mouse problem at our house and they are breeding and causing all sorts of problems. I have started using a humane mouse trap but it's not working! dads going to kill them if it doesn't start working! HELP!
ReplyQuote

Taxidermied Baphomet Taxidermied Baphomet NSW Posts: 292
2 19 Mar 2011
I hope someone gives some advice soon, i have no idea! Great the you gave the humane trap a go, shame it didnt work tho..
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
3 19 Mar 2011
I've never had a mouse problem so i'm really not sure... The humane trap was worth a try but apart from that i'm really not sure what the alternatives are... I hope someone else can help you out because a mouse problem is certainly not a good problem to have.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 19 Mar 2011
I don't know either. We had a rat problem once, so my dad left a plate of cement powder mixed with flour in the roof. Apparently the rats eat it and it clogs up their insides, which sends them insane and causes them to kill each other. I didn't believe it would work, but it did... sad

Could you not buy lots of humane mouse traps? Isn't there one that traps the mice but doesn't kill them, so you can let them go?
ReplyQuote

ecochick ecochick SA Posts: 214
5 19 Mar 2011
Maggie said:
I don't know either. We had a rat problem once, so my dad left a plate of cement powder mixed with flour in the roof. Apparently the rats eat it and it clogs up their insides, which sends them insane and causes them to kill each other. I didn't believe it would work, but it did... sad

Could you not buy lots of humane mouse traps? Isn't there one that traps the mice but doesn't kill them, so you can let them go?
There is, but my parents don't believe it works, so they said we'd only buy one- but they're not going in it... maybe i'm using the wrong bait or maybe they're just too smart!
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
6 19 Mar 2011
Check this out
http://video.about.com/apartments/Humane-Mouse-Removal.htm

You don't have to buy them, you can make your own.
Sounds a bit far fetched but it may just work.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
7 19 Mar 2011
I had the same prob. There was heaps of mice in my aviary, and shed, so I set up two humane mouse traps.  These are the exact ones I use: http://www.humanemousetrap.com.au/

They work AWESOME!!! But you have to stick peanut butter at the end, and you have to check it every few hours. I caught 6 mice in 3 days, and let them go far away! They really work!!! I now have no mice!!!  ecstatic
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
8 19 Mar 2011
ecochick said:
Maggie said:

There is, but my parents don't believe it works, so they said we'd only buy one- but they're not going in it... maybe i'm using the wrong bait or maybe they're just too smart!
I was going to suggest peanut butter, but it seems Pegs beat me to it! Peanut butter is the best bait. Rats and mice love it!
ReplyQuote

9 19 Mar 2011
Mondayschild said:
Check this out
http://video.about.com/apartments/Humane-Mouse-Removal.htm

You don't have to buy them, you can make your own.
Sounds a bit far fetched but it may just work.
One problem I found with that though, mice can jump REALLY high. I caught a mouse and out him in a bucket without the lid and some food, and he jumped out and ran off!
ReplyQuote

10 19 Mar 2011
Pegs said:
I had the same prob. There was heaps of mice in my aviary, and shed, so I set up two humane mouse traps.  These are the exact ones I use: http://www.humanemousetrap.com.au/

They work AWESOME!!! But you have to stick peanut butter at the end, and you have to check it every few hours. I caught 6 mice in 3 days, and let them go far away! They really work!!! I now have no mice!!!  ecstatic
They are also pretty cheap!!!!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au