Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Sienna Blake has decided to stop publishing Vegan Voice magazine

Recommended for everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 posts

Gen_MCRmy Gen_MCRmy NSW Posts: 55
1 19 Mar 2011
Yesterday I found out that Sienna Blake, editor of Vegan Voice and her husband Max, have decided to stop publishing Vegan Voice magazine, because they have both been going through major life changes. Sienna was recently bitten twice, by a highly venomous snake. She made it through, but says that she has to stop ignoring the signs, and that it is time to end Vegan Voice. This is what she says in her email:

"For a long time (seems like our whole lives), Max and I have been battling our anger and depression over the state of the world. That anger has now gone. Now we need to travel a different road.

During the last year we've increasingly felt that bad news was engulfing us so that we could not do our job properly. VV has always been a labour of love. We never managed to convert the masses, but we spoke from the heart, told the truth, and always kept a righteous passion burning on behalf of Earth and animals.

Over 25 years, Max and I have had the great fortune to walk the same path at the same time. So I speak for him, too, when I say it's been an honour and a privilege to be a part of your lives. We hope you will not judge us too harshly for trying to preserve our sanity.

Please bear with us when we close down VV. We know we owe many of you refunds, and we hope you'll forgive us if we are a little slow. We never earned much more than the dole from publishing VV, so it may be it will take us several months to be able to cover the money owed. Also, I am not much help to Max right now, as I am in slow recovery mode.

We are here if you need to contact us. Please know that we will always be immensely grateful for the oppurtunity of working with and on behalf of so many like-minded, compassionate souls."

Yours sincerely,

Sienna

Max and Sienna have given a rare radio interview on the strong link between animal agriculture and climate change. Go to www.coloursofbyron.com.au and click on the "shows" link.

I'd recommend that everyone go to this site and listen to their radio interview. It's truly fantastic and I had a tear in my eye listening to it. Everything she says means so much. After a while it might seem like it never ends, but this interview only goes for about 15-20 minutes. When it ended, I had a different opinion on everything. What sienna says in the radio interview, is that time is running out, we are living on borrowed time and people need to make a drastic change to their ways of life, namely converting to a "plant-based diet", as the V word scares some people.
ReplyQuote

2 19 Mar 2011
I forgot to say, when you've reached "shows" on the website, then click 2011.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
3 20 Mar 2011
A great mag! Will be missed sad
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
4 20 Mar 2011
Thank you for sharing the radio interview.
I had to stop myself from crying.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
5 20 Mar 2011
That was amazing! Sienna is so inspirational!
ReplyQuote

6 24 Mar 2011
Dark_Cherry said:
Thank you for sharing the radio interview.
I had to stop myself from crying.
thats ok. me too, it gets pretty sad.
ReplyQuote

7 24 Mar 2011
Maggie said:
That was amazing! Sienna is so inspirational!
I agree. She's an amazing person.
ReplyQuote

ReNe3 ReNe3 VIC Posts: 52
8 24 Mar 2011
ooww... gonna miss that mag sad
ReplyQuote

cow.hugger cow.hugger NSW Posts: 5
9 27 Mar 2011
amazing interview, it really gave me a kick in the behind to get back into some animal and environmental activism again (as i have been pretty passive lately)

thanks for the link
clap
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au