Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Change the Definition on Urban Dictionary

I know it's kind of trivial but...

1 - 9 of 9 posts

pitterpatter pitterpatter QLD Posts: 376
1 20 Mar 2011
Just found this when I was looking up carnism: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=veganism.

The first definition basically says bad things about veganism and the last two seem to be fairly accurate.  It'd be good if we could vote up the accurate ones so that if others see it on urban dictionary they read the real definition, not one written by someone who obviously does not like vegans.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 21 Mar 2011
yeah, the first bit is a bit stupid!
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
3 21 Mar 2011
This is just an example of why you don't trust everything you read on the internet. xD
ReplyQuote

4 21 Mar 2011
Jordan.- said:
This is just an example of why you don't trust everything you read on the internet. xD
So true!  Haha.  It just annoys me that that is the 'most popular' interpretation of the word veganism >_<.
ReplyQuote

Val Val NSW Posts: 339
5 21 Mar 2011
what the hell?!

Thats not a definition thats a bloody judgement!

grr.
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
6 21 Mar 2011
angry Seriously? Come on!
I wish there was a way that we could delete that 'definition'. I wouldn't even call it a definition! It's more like some random having a go at Vegans. This really annoys me and makes me angry!
ReplyQuote

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
7 21 Mar 2011
Its Urban Dictionary, its not meant to be taken seriously.
Im a vegetarian. This is the top rated defintion and i dont take offence to it.

Vegetarian - A bad hunter. Someone who survives by consuming not food, but the stuff that food eats.
eg. The vegetarian was forced to subsist on slower prey, such as the broccoli and carrot.
ReplyQuote

8 21 Mar 2011
I don't know.  I'd be fine with a definition that said I was a bad hunter or that I just hate vegetables so damn much, not one that says I'm a hypocritical idiot like this one does...  I was just posting it not because it was important, but because it was a nuisance.
ReplyQuote

taylorpaige taylorpaige SA Posts: 109
9 21 Mar 2011
that first answer is so stupid. :/ gah.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au