Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Random Story

Just one that still makes me smile

1 - 7 of 7 posts

JMort JMort VIC Posts: 248
1 24 Mar 2011
I didnt witness it personally, but today, one of my friends told me a story about what happened on a drive from Hobart to Launceston recently sometime. She was driving up on the midlands highway, behind a convoy of bikies. During a part where the highway has 4 lanes, all the bikies came to a sudden stop. The 'biggest' bikie got off and stopped all the traffic coming the other way (bikes were blocking their side).

Why had they stopped traffic? There were ducks about to cross the road. They made everyone wait for them to cross safely. One car a few cars back beeped their horn but a pretty stern look from a couple of bikies made sure there was no more horns. All of the ducks crossed except one, who was stuck somehow, so a bikie went and picked it up and carried to the other side.

Why am I telling you this? I don't know, but it has made me smile all day even though I wasn't there. There are videos of things like this, which makes me smile even more to watch such as this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMJeeU5Dz6E

Hm, anyway, that's all.

Bexta82 Bexta82 NSW Posts: 41
2 24 Mar 2011
Wow, that is an awesome story, and one I very much needed. I just watched the trailer for "Earthlings" (with my hands over my eyes) and have been crying and wondering how I would get to sleep... but this story made me smile and think will usher in pleasant dreams, so thank you!   clap
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 24 Mar 2011
I've heard of this happening too. Some people are so nice. The duck shooters should be a bit more like the bikies. happy
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
4 24 Mar 2011
Soft-hearted bikies love

They should protest the duck shooting, that ought to intimidate the shooters a bit tongue
ReplyQuote

Val Val NSW Posts: 339
5 25 Mar 2011
Ah thats so lovely!

Its so good knowing there are caring people in the world like that happy
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
6 25 Mar 2011
beaverhug
let's just hope they weren't leather-clad bikies. that would be slightly hypocritical.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au