Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Gorilla Experiment

Dumb scientists teach a male gorilla that he will die soon. It's mean and cruel.

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Gen_MCRmy Gen_MCRmy NSW Posts: 55
1 25 Mar 2011
I just watched a video about some stupid scientists who taught an otherwise normal, happy gorilla that he would die soon. Apparently they taught him through sign language and pictures of a baby gorilla, a growing gorilla and a dead gorilla who was pretty much decomposing. After a while, and a few more mean experiments, this gorilla had had enough and acted out. He was anxious, upset, depressed and felt worthless and lonely. I know that gorillas would normally see these life and death scenes in the wild, but these scientists were obviously not treating him as they should have. They didn't seem to give two hoots about this gorilla's mental health and only wanted money. This gorilla is lacking almost all of his natural instincts. I'm not sure if he's really saying something when he uses sign language, cause he might have just been taught these (who knows what careless scientists do to poor animals these days). If this gorilla really did mean what he was saying through sign language, then he needs some serious help and needs to be taken away from these dumb people. Although even if the sign language wasn't true, I think he should still be taken away from the laboratory, rehabilitated somehow, and then put back ino the wild when he's ready. This is so mean. I also think cruelty on farmed animals, animals in circuses, zoos, laboratories and every kind of animal cruelty is terrible. I treat all animals equally. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k
ReplyQuote

2 25 Mar 2011
if u watch the whole video, you'll know what i mean. what i find really sad is when he says through sign language "sad.cry.scared." and " existence cruel joke. stupid quigley."
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
3 25 Mar 2011
Apparently it is fake, and meant to be a joke or something. If you ask me, this is not funny at all. It's sick.
ReplyQuote

Taxidermied Baphomet Taxidermied Baphomet NSW Posts: 292
4 25 Mar 2011
I dont know why, but i cant seem to be able to load up this video.

But reading what you wrote about this event, my god i just cant believe they did this to the gorilla!! Disgraceful
ReplyQuote

Taxidermied Baphomet Taxidermied Baphomet NSW Posts: 292
5 25 Mar 2011
Mean people wear fur said:
Apparently it is fake, and meant to be a joke or something. If you ask me, this si not funny at all. It's sick.
I hope it's a fake..
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
6 25 Mar 2011
The Onion make comedy videos, so it wasn't real. I didn't find this funny though, because the gorilla has obviously been trained and is being used for studies.

The Onion made a good video about horse racing. Describing jockeys as 'horse beaters' which is exactly what they are.
ReplyQuote

7 25 Mar 2011
you guys are probably right. now i know it's fake. thanks for telling me. but still, they were still being cruel to the gorilla by training him to do stuff and no animal "likes" doing that kinda stuff. it's obviously not photo-shopped, so it was also cruel keeping a gorilla in a house and treaing him like junk.
ReplyQuote

ZoolNerd ZoolNerd NSW Posts: 1005
8 25 Mar 2011
Maggie said:
The Onion make comedy videos, so it wasn't real. I didn't find this funny though, because the gorilla has obviously been trained and is being used for studies.

The Onion made a good video about horse racing. Describing jockeys as 'horse beaters' which is exactly what they are.
I think you will find they are parodying a very famous video of a Gorilla named Coco and how sad and distraught she was when her pet kitten died. She had a pet kitten, fed it, loved it just like a human, but the kitten got out one day and got hit by a car. Coco realised that she was missing and asked the scientists, they signed to her that her kitten died and she signed back "bad, sad bad, cry, frown, sad" its pretty touching to see as you can see Cocos grieving expressions, so human like!

They are amazingly intelligent and can comprehend death, later on in the video they showed that at night Coco actually whimpered and cried, once her trainers had left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqTUG8MPmGg
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
9 25 Mar 2011
ZoolNerd said:
Maggie said:

I think you will find they are parodying a very famous video of a Gorilla named Coco and how sad and distraught she was when her pet kitten died. She had a pet kitten, fed it, loved it just like a human, but the kitten got out one day and got hit by a car. Coco realised that she was missing and asked the scientists, they signed to her that her kitten died and she signed back "bad, sad bad, cry, frown, sad" its pretty touching to see as you can see Cocos grieving expressions, so human like!

They are amazingly intelligent and can comprehend death, later on in the video they showed that at night Coco actually whimpered and cried, once her trainers had left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqTUG8MPmGg
That is so sad sad  Poor Koko! Sigh…I wish I could just give her a hug and sign to her its going to be ok. sad
cry
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
10 25 Mar 2011
Taxidermied Baphomet said:
Mean people wear fur said:
Apparently it is fake, and meant to be a joke or something. If you ask me, this si not funny at all. It's sick.
I hope it's a fake..
Yeah, I watched that show, and I really, really, really, really, hope its fake! sad
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au