Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

SoS 2011 - Students of Sustainability

A week full of workshops and forums on a range of sustainability topics.

1 - 2 of 2 posts

pitterpatter pitterpatter QLD Posts: 376
1 28 Mar 2011

Excerpt:

SoS 2011 will be held on Wiradjuri Country (Albury) from the 5th to the 9th of July. It will be a week full of workshops and forums on a range of sustainability topics, demonstrating how theory and practice can be used to make positive social and environmental change.

SoS is a five day camping conference for anyone interested in creating a more ecologically & socially sustainable world.

There is a range of educational, practical and participatory forums, workshops, excursions, entertainment and lots of time drinking chai with new friends.

The vision is to provide a conference that will bring together diverse groups of people to share inspiring and thought-provoking experiences, which encourage positive discussion and action aimed at creating ecological, political, economic and social sustainability in the world. SoS provides an opportunity for us to become empowered with the confidence, practical skills and motivation, required so that humanity can have a healthy relationship with the earth and all of its diverse ecosystems.

So, who is coming along?  There are people in each state that you can contact about travelling with and I am hoping it won't be too expensive as I'd like to go!  I think it's a great opportunity to meet likeminded people and learn some new things, not to mention network for jobs in the future maybe...  

I'd love to hear if you're coming along ecstatic.
ReplyQuote

pitterpatter pitterpatter QLD Posts: 376
2 14 Apr 2011
bump Just bumping this up again to make sure everyone's had a chance to read happy.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au