Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Easy Way Tea Indulgence

Vegan?

1 - 10 of 57 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  

psychokitten psychokitten QLD Posts: 340
1 29 Mar 2011
An Easy Way Tea recently opened in Cairns and I completely love Bubble Tea, but I can't find any ingredients anywhere obvious online.
Has anyone had trouble with this?
Apart from skipping the things labelled "milk" or "jelly" it seems like it should be innocent enough, but I doubt it is.
Specifically, do the things like Taro Milk or Sesame Milk actually have dairy in them, or is it like soy and made from something else?
ReplyQuote

2 29 Mar 2011
I found the Nutritional information from the Easy Way in Arabia, which is more info than the Australian site was giving, but still no ingredients...
http://www.easywayarabia.com/menu_info.htm
ReplyQuote

ok ok NSW Posts: 232
3 30 Mar 2011
im not sure on the ingredients, but I'm lactose intolerant and it always makes me a tiny bit sick when i have it... so i think theres probably some milk in there somewhere.

I usually had the honeydew green tea.

not overly helpful i know!
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
4 30 Mar 2011
I'd like to know too! One opened here late last year.
ReplyQuote

5 1 Apr 2011
May-Z said:
im not sure on the ingredients, but I'm lactose intolerant and it always makes me a tiny bit sick when i have it... so i think theres probably some milk in there somewhere.

I usually had the honeydew green tea.

not overly helpful i know!
I'm allergic to milk proteins and I'm okay with the various flavours of black relish teas with pearls.

I emailed the company pointing out that I'm vegan and have allergies so I needed to know, but she only told me everything was vegetarian and I would be fine and that I could confirm the ingredients by email.

Firstly, it is against the law to not have nutrional information and ingredients listings available on request, they should at least be on he website ffs...
Secondly, VEGETARIAN is not what I asked for.

When I went by today I asked if the Taro milk range had milk in it. He (store manager) didn't know but told me it was a powdered creamer they used. I asked again if that meant it had cows milk in it. He really had no idea, like he'd never even had any kind of training.

I'm really disappointed by the while thing but it looks like relish teas or the soy punch range are okay.

It's interesting she said it was all vegetarian, that means the jelly toppings are too...?

I'm emailing back, I'll let you know what else I find out.
ReplyQuote

6 1 Apr 2011
I wonder if they jelly things have gelatine or not? I rly wanna try easy way!
ReplyQuote

Tracey Tracey QLD Posts: 127
7 2 Apr 2011
I find that a lot of asian 'jellies' are not made from gelatine, they use that seaweed extract or something, I sometimes buy little jelly cups at the asian grocer. So its possible that the jellies are vegetarian i guess...
ReplyQuote

8 2 Apr 2011
Tracey said:
I find that a lot of asian 'jellies' are not made from gelatine, they use that seaweed extract or something, I sometimes buy little jelly cups at the asian grocer. So its possible that the jellies are vegetarian i guess...
Yeah thats what i was thinking. I usually rule out jelly unless it's asian, as it might use agar instead.
ReplyQuote

9 2 Apr 2011
Tracey said:
I was told that everything was "vegetarian" when I asked if it was vegan, so the jellies may very well be vegetarian.
I'm avoiding it now because of the companies reluctance to help me at all.
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
10 3 Apr 2011
I had a drink once at Chatime (like easy way) and it had jellies in it, I didn't know it would, but I assumed it would probably be made with Agar.

the pearls should be vegan. I'm going to email them about this as well, the more people ask... the more they should care
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au