Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Sadness

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Teweesa! Teweesa! NSW Posts: 95
1 5 Sep 2009
My dog, Daks, has breast cancer. She's an 11 year old border collie cross kelpie, and even though she's never been terribly bright she has always been the best family dog you could hope for.

She's been sick for a while now, probably about 6 months. She was going to have surgery to have the tumors removed a while ago, but it would have cost $2000 and she was already so frail that she wouldn't have lived through it anyway. So my parents decided just to let her live out the rest of her days as happily as she could.

Now she's going blind. Where ever she walks she bumps into things, so she tends just to stay put. It's so hard seeing my gorgeous girl turn from a vibrant, payful adult-puppy into this sadness. Ever since we got her she's always loved fetch. When ever we'd go outside, even just for a second she come racing up to us, ball in mouth, wagging her whole body with excitement. It brings me to tears now that she can't even chase a ball anymore.

My mum's away for work at the moment, but as soon as she gets back they'll take Daks to the vet to have her put down. It's horrible, but it'll be worse seeing her get more and more miserable.

At least I know she's had a happy life, and soon she'll be at peace.

Sigh. I just needed to share.
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
2 5 Sep 2009
Teweesa! said:
My dog, Daks, has breast cancer. She's an 11 year old border collie cross kelpie, and even though she's never been terribly bright she has always been the best family dog you could hope for.

She's been sick for a while now, probably about 6 months. She was going to have surgery to have the tumors removed a while ago, but it would have cost $2000 and she was already so frail that she wouldn't have lived through it anyway. So my parents decided just to let her live out the rest of her days as happily as she could.

Now she's going blind. Where ever she walks she bumps into things, so she tends just to stay put. It's so hard seeing my gorgeous girl turn from a vibrant, payful adult-puppy into this sadness. Ever since we got her she's always loved fetch. When ever we'd go outside, even just for a second she come racing up to us, ball in mouth, wagging her whole body with excitement. It brings me to tears now that she can't even chase a ball anymore.

My mum's away for work at the moment, but as soon as she gets back they'll take Daks to the vet to have her put down. It's horrible, but it'll be worse seeing her get more and more miserable.

At least I know she's had a happy life, and soon she'll be at peace.

Sigh. I just needed to share.
aww, this is very sad..but yes, at least they wont be in pain anymore sad

i guess you should just spend the last bit of time with them..cuddling them and what not you know.

My condolences for you, i hope youll be ok, were all here to help love3
ReplyQuote

Mel Mel NSW Posts: 289
3 5 Sep 2009
My condolences also. I want to share this story with you:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
ReplyQuote

Vegan Zombie. Vegan Zombie. SA Posts: 130
4 5 Sep 2009
I had to go through the same thing with my dog, Asha.
We found her as an abandoned puppy when I was 2 years old, so I had been with her pretty much my whole life. She was going blind as well, and she had an illness that caused her eyes to get very mucus-y making it even harder for her to see than it already was. Along with another list of problems, including skin cancer, which was basically the last thing before we decided it was better to let her go than have her continue suffering.

I know exactly how it feels to lose an animal that you love so much, I give you my deepest condolences. Just try and remember that she had a happy life and was loved very much, its better to know that she's gone peacefully than by suffering. love
ReplyQuote

Vegetation Vegetation NSW Posts: 349
5 5 Sep 2009
It's definitely tough when we lose our babies. All we can do is try to focus on the fact that we had so many good years together.....but the pain of losing them is still unbearable. I'm sorry you have to go through this right now sad
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au