Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Kraft research

Do they test on animals?

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
1 8 Apr 2011
I was researching into Kraft to see if they really do test on animals. Kraft was acquired in 2003 by Philip Morris(renamed to Altria group) one of the biggest animal testing companies in the world. Some sources say although Kraft didn't test on animals, the money would be going toward Philip Morris to continue testing their other products.

"On January 31, 2007, after months of speculation, the company announced that its 88.1% stake would be spun off to Altria shareholders at the end of March 2007. Kraft is now an independent publicly held company." - Meaning in 2007, Altria decided they didn't want Kraft as a child company and thus gave away all shares to their stakeholders. So now Kraft is financially independent and shares can be bought/traded since there isn't a parent company any more.

Now we have established they aren't financially affiliated with Altria any more, do they at all test on animals? This question i have emailed and hope to receive a response soon.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
2 10 Apr 2011
Interesting. Would love to know as it's the one nagging doubt when I gorge on Vegemite!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
3 11 Apr 2011
Plz share the response if/when you get one!
ReplyQuote

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
4 11 Apr 2011
"Thank you for contacting the Kraft Foods website with your enquiry.

All ingredients used in Kraft Foods products have the approval of Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) for human consumption.

We would like to assure you our products are not tested on animals, we have stringent quality checks in place for all our products to ensure they are microbiologically sound and safe to consume prior to leaving our facilities.

If you require further clarification on this issue please do not hesitate to contact the Kraft Consumer Advisory Service on freecall 1800 033 275."
ReplyQuote

23 23 VIC Posts: 1
5 20 Apr 2011
They do, however, laminate cheese.  rolleyes
ReplyQuote

Spacepeanut Spacepeanut QLD Posts: 120
6 30 Nov 2011
Niko said:
"Thank you for contacting the Kraft Foods website with your enquiry.

All ingredients used in Kraft Foods products have the approval of Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) for human consumption.

We would like to assure you our products are not tested on animals, we have stringent quality checks in place for all our products to ensure they are microbiologically sound and safe to consume prior to leaving our facilities.

If you require further clarification on this issue please do not hesitate to contact the Kraft Consumer Advisory Service on freecall 1800 033 275."
Pardon the language but thank F*CK for that. I was only just alerted to the fact that 'Kraft' and 'animal testing' possibly went hand in hand, so I googled it, and wound up here (happens a lot, lol!). Hooray!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au