Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

What's For Dinner?

So what awesome veg deliciousness are you having?

41 - 50 of 196 posts   2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  

lyds lyds NSW Posts: 300
41 16 Sep 2011
chickpeas ftw.

hmm i had rice cakes (their an asian thing haha but they taste like rice noodles just chewier)
with chinese cabbage, mushrooms, egg and carrot :3 would be vegan if i didn't add the egg :3
omnom so yummy
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
42 16 Sep 2011
Everyone is having such yummy foods!

I'm just going to have.... a vegetarian pasty. ( My family can't be bothered cooking, we have been out all day )

....... happy
ReplyQuote

VeganEra VeganEra QLD Posts: 202
43 17 Sep 2011
We cooked up the yummiest dahl with mash potato.

Here is the recipe for the dahl we make
Soak 2 cups of split chic peas (an hour or two)
1/2 red onion
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon papricka
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon vegeta
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Mushrooms

Method:
Once the chic peas have soaked, rinse and allow to drain on the side. In a medium saucepan, fry up the onion and garlic until just starting to turn brown.
Add the spices, and the chic peas and add 2 cups of water. You want enough water so that they are covered.
Allow to boil. In about 30 min the water should have gone down, we tend to add an extra cup as it takes a little bit to get the chic peas to turn to mush.
Once down, serve it up with some mash potato, so good.
ReplyQuote

Buttons Buttons VIC Posts: 229
44 17 Sep 2011
BREAKING: Australian Eatwell vegie burgers - my favourite, as I am crap at making them myself - have rebooted their flavours a bit. Behold:
http://australianeatwell.com.au/show_cat.php?catid=7

I love supermarket shopping, so I was a wee bit excited when I saw these at Coles!
ReplyQuote

Val Val NSW Posts: 339
45 17 Sep 2011
I'm going out for vegan pizza tonight! And vegan cake/dessert wink
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
46 17 Sep 2011
Val said:
I'm going out for vegan pizza tonight! And vegan cake/dessert wink
I'm going out too!! Chicken and sweet corn soup and fried rice.. All vegan of course..
ReplyQuote

Stacy2 Stacy2 QLD Posts: 3
47 17 Sep 2011
burritoes with avocado, refried beans, roasted sweet potato and capsicum, carrot, lettuce and little weeny basil leaves.   YUM YUM YUM.
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
48 24 Sep 2011
All those meals sound so yum! Wife and I can't be arsed cooking tonight, so... it looks like we might be having wife's home-made brownies for dinner (That's legit, right?)
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
49 24 Sep 2011
TheSixthStitch said:
All those meals sound so yum! Wife and I can't be arsed cooking tonight, so... it looks like we might be having wife's home-made brownies for dinner (That's legit, right?)
Sure, loaded with vitamin B.....sorry
oreos and camomile tea for me
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
50 24 Sep 2011
Mmm tea... good idea! *checks cupboard and is divided on Jasmin tea, Chai, Camomile, or Black tea...*
ReplyQuote

[ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au