Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

So I'm feeling kinda lonely of late D=

1 - 10 of 32 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Amelia! Amelia! QLD Posts: 143
1 6 Sep 2009
Well, when I was on Deviant Art, I was reading one of Vegan Freak's journals (hope you don't mind me mentioning you!) and she has a really awesome life with vegan friends and a vegan boy friend and she gets to go leafleting and to protests and what not (sorry Cat - hope you don't mind me talking about you too much!) and it occured to me that I've never met another vegan in real life and I've never met anyone else who is passionate about animal rights and what not. So lately, I've been a bit sad that I haven't got someone to talk to/do stuff with. Anyone else in the same situation? What do you guys do?
ReplyQuote

3 6 Sep 2009
Biophiliac said:
Try making the same connections with other people... happy

Surely you know at least one person we cares about animals... show them Earthlings and see watch as they almost instantly turn vegetarian... tongue
Well I have some 'vegetarian' friends. One eats fish now and always complains how its too hard to be vege and she really misses eating meat. And the other one is vege and gluten free, but his mum makes him eat meat when they're on holidays. And another friend is gonna be a vegan when she leaves home (she eats chicken and fish at the moment - her parents are really strict). But I just want a vegan friend D= Thanks for your help though ^^
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
4 6 Sep 2009
Amelia! said:
Well, when I was on Deviant Art, I was reading one of Vegan Freak's journals (hope you don't mind me mentioning you!) and she has a really awesome life with vegan friends and a vegan boy friend and she gets to go leafleting and to protests and what not (sorry Cat - hope you don't mind me talking about you too much!) and it occured to me that I've never met another vegan in real life and I've never met anyone else who is passionate about animal rights and what not. So lately, I've been a bit sad that I haven't got someone to talk to/do stuff with. Anyone else in the same situation? What do you guys do?
hehe no problem mentioning me =]

The thing is, ive tried very hard to surround myself with like minded people. Even createign like minded people. My boyfriend was never vegan, he was the biggest meat eater i knew when i met him. My best friend was never vegan, I inspired and helped her turn. The firs friend i met that was vegetarian was vegan zombie. My Other friends, like biophiliac, blake, zac and max..theyre all vego due to some form of influence and help from me happy

Try to talk to your friends and family about your ethics, explain what it means to you, have a serious conversation about it. Slowly work you way in and try to get to their emotions..

Not everyone is so easy to turn, It takes time. But its possible with many people happy
Id be happy to hang out with you if you lived here lol xD

And btw, im sorry i made you feel bad...>.< I didnt mean too..:C
Most of the time, im not that happy lol..I get very angry and upset about friends that arent vego..lol. I was just having a random good day lol
ReplyQuote

5 6 Sep 2009
- Vegan Freak - said:
Amelia! said:
hehe no problem mentioning me =]

The thing is, ive tried very hard to surround myself with like minded people. Even createign like minded people. My boyfriend was never vegan, he was the biggest meat eater i knew when i met him. My best friend was never vegan, I inspired and helped her turn. The firs friend i met that was vegetarian was vegan zombie. My Other friends, like biophiliac, blake, zac and max..theyre all vego due to some form of influence and help from me happy

Try to talk to your friends and family about your ethics, explain what it means to you, have a serious conversation about it. Slowly work you way in and try to get to their emotions..

Not everyone is so easy to turn, It takes time. But its possible with many people happy
Id be happy to hang out with you if you lived here lol xD

And btw, im sorry i made you feel bad...>.< I didnt mean too..:C
Most of the time, im not that happy lol..I get very angry and upset about friends that arent vego..lol. I was just having a random good day lol
Haha, no, you didn't make me feel bad xD I just had a sudden realisation that I don't know anyone who is vegan. And your friends sound cool xD I have been talking to heaps of people about veganism and they've seen the videos and what not, its just that they've either got extremely strict parents, or it just doesn't bother them (the videos and the facts). And yea, I know how you feel - I have people I hang out with (well, used to hang out with) who were so disrespectful and used to wave meat at me and make cruel jokes about me. But I don't deal with them anymore - I moved schools xD And don't worry, you didn't make me feel bad, I was just using you as an example in a way, if that makes sense.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
6 6 Sep 2009
Yeh, I think i'm kinda in the same boat.

I don't any vegans personally... yet (i shall convert some friends.. it's just a matter of time wink )

I think the best thing to do is just to 'get amongst it' -- but I suppose it depends on your age and the freedom your parents give you. How old are you? lol

Because of my mum's work I travel quite a bit -- so it's hard to get to know other vegans. But, when I get back to Melbourne, I i'm really looking forward to getting involved with Animals Australia, ALV etc. I'm sure there is some animal rights organizations in QLD?

But, until you have the freedom to move around and do what you want to do, you can do a bit alone. It may be a scary thought, but things like leafleting/petitioning alone gives you that feeling that 'you're doing something.' Just walking around with a petition and few leaflets at lunchtime at school would be a fantastic start!
ReplyQuote

7 6 Sep 2009
Matt.Y said:

I don't any vegans personally... yet (i shall convert some friends.. it's just a matter of time wink )

I think the best thing to do is just to 'get amongst it' -- but I suppose it depends on your age and the freedom your parents give you. How old are you? lol

Because of my mum's work I travel quite a bit -- so it's hard to get to know other vegans. But, when I get back to Melbourne, I i'm really looking forward to getting involved with Animals Australia, ALV etc. I'm sure there is some animal rights organizations in QLD?

But, until you have the freedom to move around and do what you want to do, you can do a bit alone. It may be a scary thought, but things like leafleting/petitioning alone gives you that feeling that 'you're doing something.' Just walking around with a petition and few leaflets at lunchtime at school would be a fantastic start!
Well, I'm 16, and I'm too lazy to get my learners lol. But mum and dad don't approve of me leafleting/protesting which sucks. But I talk to everyone who listens at school (which is pretty much everyone). I spent all morning googling that stuff, but I was unsuccessful. But I just found something now, called the Vegetarian/Vegan society of Queensland. So I'd like to perhaps get involved with them ^^

Haha, I'm such a whinger, sorry for complaining about this whole thing xD
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
8 6 Sep 2009
Amelia! said:
Matt.Y said:

Well, I'm 16, and I'm too lazy to get my learners lol. But mum and dad don't approve of me leafleting/protesting which sucks. But I talk to everyone who listens at school (which is pretty much everyone). I spent all morning googling that stuff, but I was unsuccessful. But I just found something now, called the Vegetarian/Vegan society of Queensland. So I'd like to perhaps get involved with them ^^

these guys may be more veganish...

http://www.animalliberationqld.org.au/

just two more years and you'll be free to do what you want lol. You can always be sneaky; "hey mum, just going with some friends to the city." 15 minutes later "hey guys, help abused animals?" *hands leaflet* tongue
ReplyQuote

9 6 Sep 2009
Matt.Y said:
Amelia! said:
Matt.Y said:

these guys may be more veganish...

http://www.animalliberationqld.org.au/

just two more years and you'll be free to do what you want lol. You can always be sneaky; "hey mum, just going with some friends to the city." 15 minutes later "hey guys, help abused animals?" *hands leaflet* tongue
Wow, that website hasn't been updated for a while xD Thank-you though ^^ Haha, that is something that I'm likely to do xD
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
10 7 Sep 2009
Unleashed Admin
Amelia! said:
I just found something now, called the Vegetarian/Vegan society of Queensland. So I'd like to perhaps get involved with them ^^
I'd definitely recommend you get in touch with them. There are some lovely people at the Veg Society of QLD. They have the occasional social dinner, and also used to have regular leafleting. Not sure if it's happening at the moment.

You might also like to check out Vegan Meet Up for Brisbane. I believe they meet once a month for lunch: http://www.meetup.com/brisbane-vegans/
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au