Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Friends

1 - 10 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

Britti Britti QLD Posts: 24
1 13 Apr 2011
This is probably gonna sound like the dumbest question on here, but I dont really care lol What are some good ways of meeting vegan friends outside of the net aswell?  Ive just moved back to the Gold Coast  and all my old friends are too busy with uni work to hang out and I'd just like to meet some friends who  have similar interests to me lol I'm not a freak...but i would like to meet some new friends :p
ReplyQuote

2 13 Apr 2011
Britti said:
This is probably gonna sound like the dumbest question on here, but I dont really care lol What are some good ways of meeting vegan friends outside of the net aswell?  Ive just moved back to the Gold Coast  and all my old friends are too busy with uni work to hang out and I'd just like to meet some friends who  have similar interests to me lol I'm not a freak...but i would like to meet some new friends :p
Oh and by the way, I didnt mean only vegan friends lol
ReplyQuote

The Last Baron The Last Baron NSW Posts: 147
3 13 Apr 2011
Britti said:
I know how you feel, the only vegans I know are the people on here and the person online who I have to thank for opening my eyes. Out in the real world, I'm wishing I had more friends who's idea of a good time wasn't throwing corpse on BBQ.
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
4 13 Apr 2011
Unleashed Admin
Find a local group of vegans that meet up for dinners. Vegetarian Societies are usually a good place to start. Veg Soc of QLD (http://www.vegsoc.org.au/) arrange meals occasionally, and sometimes these are on the Gold Coast.

You could also start volunteering for a local animal group. Animal Welfare League on the Gold Coast do amazing work and would be well worth supporting.

Likewise for other interests you might have, find some local groups that meet up based on that interest. Or start taking classes in something that you'd like to learn (eg. dance, yoga, art, etc).
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
5 13 Apr 2011
Hey Britti, I'm down the Coast sometimes living in Maryborough, QLD at the moment because it was so cheap to buy a house! But we still visit the Coast regularly.

Where about on the Gold Coast are you?

I would say getting involved with my local animal shelter helped me meet the most like minded friends I have today. I now am proud to say I have 6 vego friends with similar interests! go me! lol but then again most of them I have converted wink

That brings me to my next suggestion! Convert your existing friends into vegans wink
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
6 13 Apr 2011
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/profile.php?105085 this lovely lady is from the gold coast who has recently gone vegan i will let her know there are others on the gold coast and hopefully she will get her butt onto the forum happy
ReplyQuote

7 13 Apr 2011
wild child2 said:
Hey Britti, I'm down the Coast sometimes living in Maryborough, QLD at the moment because it was so cheap to buy a house! But we still visit the Coast regularly.

Where about on the Gold Coast are you?

I would say getting involved with my local animal shelter helped me meet the most like minded friends I have today. I now am proud to say I have 6 vego friends with similar interests! go me! lol but then again most of them I have converted wink

That brings me to my next suggestion! Convert your existing friends into vegans wink
Hi Leesa happy
I live in Oxenford. Your lucky to have friends that you have so much in common with. I don't think I would ever try convert my friends because they probably wouldnt wanna be around me lol they are a little bit naive (I mean that in the nicest way :S ).
Also they'd actually have to be around for me to convert them lol I asked my friend Pete if he wanted to go to the beach this Saturday, but made the famous excuse of having too many assignments for uni due. Which is fair enough.

Thank you for everyones suggestions. I wish people on here all lived in the same area lol It'd be nice to meet some of you happy
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
8 13 Apr 2011
Naaww. I live in Gladstone up in good ol' central qld. Would love to meet up with you guys though, have some more vego friends! happy
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
9 14 Apr 2011
Do something that you're passionate about like participating in a protest. There will be people there who feel just as strongly as you do and voila! Common interests! happy
ReplyQuote

10 14 Apr 2011
kimberleyfrancess said:
Do something that you're passionate about like participating in a protest. There will be people there who feel just as strongly as you do and voila! Common interests! happy
How do I know when one is on though lol I'm clearly new to this. I am a singer so im thinking of joining this group down at palm beach who are all musicians so that should be good. It'd be nice to  be able to go have lunch or dinner with a friend  at a vegan resturant though lol These are all great tips guys! I will have to do some research on where I can do some volunteering, I've been wanting to get off my arse and do it for  a while.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au