Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Friends

11 - 16 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
11 14 Apr 2011
Britti said:
kimberleyfrancess said:
Do something that you're passionate about like participating in a protest. There will be people there who feel just as strongly as you do and voila! Common interests! happy
How do I know when one is on though lol I'm clearly new to this. I am a singer so im thinking of joining this group down at palm beach who are all musicians so that should be good. It'd be nice to  be able to go have lunch or dinner with a friend  at a vegan resturant though lol These are all great tips guys! I will have to do some research on where I can do some volunteering, I've been wanting to get off my arse and do it for  a while.
Sign up to some sites and 'like' or join them on facebook (if you have facebook). I'd recommend Animal Liberation Queensland. I got an invite on facebook (from an Unleashed friend, no less!) about the seal clubbing protest last weekend, I went to it and I met some wonderful people from ALQ (Animal Lib QLD)!
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
12 15 Apr 2011
Britti said:
wild child2 said:
Hey Britti, I'm down the Coast sometimes living in Maryborough, QLD at the moment because it was so cheap to buy a house! But we still visit the Coast regularly.

Where about on the Gold Coast are you?

I would say getting involved with my local animal shelter helped me meet the most like minded friends I have today. I now am proud to say I have 6 vego friends with similar interests! go me! lol but then again most of them I have converted wink

That brings me to my next suggestion! Convert your existing friends into vegans wink
Hi Leesa happy
I live in Oxenford. Your lucky to have friends that you have so much in common with. I don't think I would ever try convert my friends because they probably wouldnt wanna be around me lol they are a little bit naive (I mean that in the nicest way :S ).
Also they'd actually have to be around for me to convert them lol I asked my friend Pete if he wanted to go to the beach this Saturday, but made the famous excuse of having too many assignments for uni due. Which is fair enough.

Thank you for everyones suggestions. I wish people on here all lived in the same area lol It'd be nice to meet some of you happy
OMG yes we should have a vegan picnic at the beach sometime! We could even go to AWL together when I'm down there for a weekend to volunteer!! happy
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
13 15 Apr 2011
Mean people wear fur said:
Britti said:
kimberleyfrancess said:
Do something that you're passionate about like participating in a protest. There will be people there who feel just as strongly as you do and voila! Common interests! happy
How do I know when one is on though lol I'm clearly new to this. I am a singer so im thinking of joining this group down at palm beach who are all musicians so that should be good. It'd be nice to  be able to go have lunch or dinner with a friend  at a vegan resturant though lol These are all great tips guys! I will have to do some research on where I can do some volunteering, I've been wanting to get off my arse and do it for  a while.
Sign up to some sites and 'like' or join them on facebook (if you have facebook). I'd recommend Animal Liberation Queensland. I got an invite on facebook (from an Unleashed friend, no less!) about the seal clubbing protest last weekend, I went to it and I met some wonderful people from ALQ (Animal Lib QLD)!
Bingo. Also, Animals Australia kinda ties everyone together so if you jump on their mailing list you'll pretty much be good to go.

Once you attend one thing, you'll be fighting vegans off you. Not in a carnivorous way, just a friendly way.  

megaphone
ReplyQuote

Britti Britti QLD Posts: 24
14 15 Apr 2011
wild child2 said:
Britti said:
wild child2 said:
Hey Britti, I'm down the Coast sometimes living in Maryborough, QLD at the moment because it was so cheap to buy a house! But we still visit the Coast regularly.

Where about on the Gold Coast are you?

I would say getting involved with my local animal shelter helped me meet the most like minded friends I have today. I now am proud to say I have 6 vego friends with similar interests! go me! lol but then again most of them I have converted wink

That brings me to my next suggestion! Convert your existing friends into vegans wink
Hi Leesa happy
I live in Oxenford. Your lucky to have friends that you have so much in common with. I don't think I would ever try convert my friends because they probably wouldnt wanna be around me lol they are a little bit naive (I mean that in the nicest way :S ).
Also they'd actually have to be around for me to convert them lol I asked my friend Pete if he wanted to go to the beach this Saturday, but made the famous excuse of having too many assignments for uni due. Which is fair enough.

Thank you for everyones suggestions. I wish people on here all lived in the same area lol It'd be nice to meet some of you happy
OMG yes we should have a vegan picnic at the beach sometime! We could even go to AWL together when I'm down there for a weekend to volunteer!! happy
Sounds good to me! happy
ReplyQuote

Love Your World Love Your World QLD Posts: 1
15 24 Jul 2011
Hi there did you find any Gold Coast friends that were on the same wavelength? If not please let me know as I know heaps of vegan/vegetarian and animal caring people who would love to meet you   ...I know what yo mean though in the early days its almost like you speak a foreign language!! ha ha
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
16 24 Jul 2011
i'm coming up with the stupidest stuff recently i swear
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au