Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Tempeh and Seitan

Where can I get them in melbourne?

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

. . Afghanistan Posts: 125
1 20 Apr 2011
I cant seem to find them anywhere, maybe im not looking hard enough...

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
2 20 Apr 2011
you can get tempeh in the tofu deli section of coles and woolies.

seitan....asian grocers, it's usually in a tuna sized can that says "vegetarian duck meat" or gluten meat of something like that
ReplyQuote

3 20 Apr 2011
Lars said:

seitan....asian grocers, it's usually in a tuna sized can that says "vegetarian duck meat" or gluten meat of something like that
I cant recall seeing it in coles/woolies, but il take your word

Looks like im heading to china town then haha, do you know of any brands I can trust?
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
4 20 Apr 2011
Funny thing about the Tempeh in Coles/Woolworths/Safeway; they used to be in pretty much everyone but now I hardly see it. Maybe they cut down on stock due to bad sales.
What suburb in Vic do you live?
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
5 21 Apr 2011
jacobxvx said:
Lars said:

I cant recall seeing it in coles/woolies, but il take your word

Looks like im heading to china town then haha, do you know of any brands I can trust?
Not sure about Seitan as never bought it, but Tempeh is usually found in the supermarket next to dairy cheese.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
6 21 Apr 2011
jacobxvx said:
I cant seem to find them anywhere, maybe im not looking hard enough...

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
tempeh = tempoo

you could always try making your own seitan? looks pretty easy. Check out vegandad's blogspot for some awesome seitan recipes!
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
7 21 Apr 2011
then there is the problem of finding gluten flour?
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
8 21 Apr 2011
Lars said:
then there is the problem of finding gluten flour?
it's just vital wheat gluten, I can't say I've looked for it but places like health food stores would have to stock it.
ReplyQuote

Farron Farron VIC Posts: 18
9 21 Apr 2011
Tempeh is easy as to find! Generally I can get in any Coles right beside the Tofu. Spotted it in a few health food shops too.

Seitan though is another story! I see it in so many recipes from the US, but I've never tracked it down in Australia. I believe Radical Grocery store in Brunswick may stock it though, but I've yet to check them out: http://www.radicalgrocery.com
ReplyQuote

10 21 Apr 2011
I live in country vic, so coles does not stock tempeh, I checked tonight.
But il have a look in some melbourne health food stores this week, and look for seitan too.

I just saw that the radical grocery store sells it, I havnt been there for awhile so looks like il make a trip. I highly suggest that store to anyone who hasnt been.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au