Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan High Tea

Idea's?

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Piggy Piggy NSW Posts: 8
1 26 Apr 2011
Once a month I put on a little high tea for my partner.

Going to High Tea is the one thing I miss since becoming vegan but as I love to bake it is simply a matter of coming up with vegan cake and sandwich idea's.

I generally have a theme for example the Easter High Tea I just did included sandwiches of egg (tofu), artichoke and sundried tomato, cucumber and Tofutti cream cheese. Sweets included scones with whipped soya cream and jam, and carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

My next tea is an italian theme and I want to make canoli. Does anyone have any idea's on sandwich fillings and a sweet canoli filling?

pig
ReplyQuote

Kaedee Kaedee QLD Posts: 54
2 26 Apr 2011
Your high teas sound delish! For cannoli I love it with strawberries and 'ricotta'.

One of my friends makes his version of what he calls pasta cannoli- instead of using pastry he uses pasta sheets, and fills them with tomato paste, galic, spinach and ricotta. You could replace the ricotta in it to make it vegan.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
3 26 Apr 2011
Maybe eggplant parma foccacias. Though might not fit the tea theme then.. hmm
ReplyQuote

4 27 Apr 2011
Never thought of strawberries but that would be a perfect match with Tofutti's "cream cheese", mmm, thankyou.

pig
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
5 27 Apr 2011
Piggy said:
Never thought of strawberries but that would be a perfect match with Tofutti's "cream cheese", mmm, thankyou.

pig
Oh... whip your Toffuti cream cheese with some cinnamon and vanilla essence!  I'm allergic to strawberries, so I can't really comment on how it would go with them but it's awesome with chocolate.
ReplyQuote

6 27 Apr 2011
Oh yummm, and I could line the canoli shell with melted chocolate first then fill with the vanilla/ cinnamon tofutti!!!

pig
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au