Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I want to hand out flyers, but...

1 - 10 of 23 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

christi christi VIC Posts: 26
1 5 May 2011
It is so expensive! I can't afford to print out heaps of flyers to give everyone, and I don't even have a printer, and if I was to print at the library, it would cost heaps. Please don't ask about printing them at my school, cause funnily enough, kids aren't allowed to print ANYTHING at school. I printed out the "The add the dairy industry didn't want you to see" flyer, and got in trouble for printing out ONE FLYER!

Any ideas? I want to spread the word, and I'd love to hand out flyers, but don't have any ideas to do it without spending mega bucks! happy
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 5 May 2011
christi said:
It is so expensive! I can't afford to print out heaps of flyers to give everyone, and I don't even have a printer, and if I was to print at the library, it would cost heaps. Please don't ask about printing them at my school, cause funnily enough, kids aren't allowed to print ANYTHING at school. I printed out the "The add the dairy industry didn't want you to see" flyer, and got in trouble for printing out ONE FLYER!

Any ideas? I want to spread the word, and I'd love to hand out flyers, but don't have any ideas to do it without spending mega bucks! happy
Yeah, both Christi and I want to hand out flyers, but can't afford it! sad

Maybe we should just make posters?
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
3 5 May 2011
You can buy flyers from Animals Australia. 50 for only $4.

https://unleashed.qnetau.com/shop/?product=119

Postage is FREE!  banana
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
4 5 May 2011
Unleashed Admin
You could also keep an eye out for some organised leafleting. Leafleting has been a bit quiet in Melbourne recently. But keep an eye on the forum, we have scheduled stalls and leafleting from time to time.
ReplyQuote

The Last Baron The Last Baron NSW Posts: 147
5 5 May 2011
christi said:

I'm kind of the opposite of you here. I have things like a printer, money, and the desire to do something, but I also have an annoying fear of doing things that require dealing with people.

I'll also suggest buying some of the flyers from Animals Australia. Even if money is tight you could start out small (and cheap) with a small amount of flyers and gradually work towards becoming a leafleting machine!
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
6 5 May 2011
Unleashed Admin
ShootMeInTheSmile said:
I'm kind of the opposite of you here. I have things like a printer, money, and the desire to do something, but I also have an annoying fear of doing things that require dealing with people.
A lot of people feel this way when they get started. The more you do it, the easier it gets. I did some leafleting this morning and had a lot of fun with it.

We've got some leafleting planned tomorrow and Saturday in Sydney, and will be scheduling some more for the next few weeks, so maybe you'd like to join us. Doing it with others is a whole lot easier than on your own happy
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
7 5 May 2011
ShootMeInTheSmile said:
Same here. That's why I would just silently slip them into customers shopping bags with their purchase at work. Since I'm now currently unemployed, I plan to go to op-shops and the library to hide leaflets in the books.
I'm just not mentally capable of public leafleting... I don't like most people.

Pity I don't live in a city, otherwise I would probably try it out with a group of others.
ReplyQuote

christi christi VIC Posts: 26
8 5 May 2011
thanks for the ideas i was thinking to put the flyers into peoples mail boxes  innocent idea
ReplyQuote

The Last Baron The Last Baron NSW Posts: 147
9 5 May 2011
Jesse said:
A lot of people feel this way when they get started. The more you do it, the easier it gets. I did some leafleting this morning and had a lot of fun with it.

We've got some leafleting planned tomorrow and Saturday in Sydney, and will be scheduling some more for the next few weeks, so maybe you'd like to join us. Doing it with others is a whole lot easier than on your own happy
Oh, that sounds great. It's a bit of a journey to Sydney from my place, but I'd like to try and get down there and join you sometime over the next few weeks.

Dark_Cherry said:
Same here. That's why I would just silently slip them into customers shopping bags with their purchase at work. Since I'm now currently unemployed, I plan to go to op-shops and the library to hide leaflets in the books.
I'm just not mentally capable of public leafleting... I don't like most people.

Pity I don't live in a city, otherwise I would probably try it out with a group of others.
I like the way you operate. Ninja-leafleting. happy

I don't live in a city either. As I found out on Sunday, getting from home to the middle of Sydney takes about 2 hours. I'm glad that I don't have the kind of busy life that would make that kind of a journey impossible to fit in around the rest of my life.
ReplyQuote

Val Val NSW Posts: 339
10 5 May 2011
I have a fear of leafletting too..... sad
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au