Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Feather Extensions

Wearing rooster feathers in your hair

1 - 10 of 10 posts

psychokitten psychokitten QLD Posts: 340
1 7 May 2011
Has anyone else heard about this? I know it's big in the States but I only heard about it today (from an American).
I'll admit, it looks kind of cool, but more because it's an interesting texture and colour.
That said, there's no way they can be humane as they have to be real to be able to be washed/straightened/whatever.

Even if it was humane, ugh.

Knowing birds had to die just so you could put their tail feathers in your hair?

People are just sad. Fashion is gross.
ReplyQuote

ok ok NSW Posts: 232
2 7 May 2011
Agree. On a bit of a tangent... There's someone on eBay that sells cruelty free feathers. Basically they have q farm with lots of chooks/roosters and when the feathers naturally drop this person collects them  happy they are real expensive because they dont drop often but if anyone needs feathers for anything its a cute solution happy
ReplyQuote

Spammylishus Spammylishus VIC Posts: 1
3 7 May 2011
I go to lots of festivals and bush doofs every year and it seems to be the in thing for everyone to wear feathers in their hair... I wonder about the peacock feathers that are appearing more and more. If i find a beautiful feather i most certainly pick it up and i have heaps of feathers in my house that i have found lying around... But i doubt very much that these rooster and peacock feathers are obtained in a way that is humane. People just dont think sometimes.
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
4 7 May 2011
It's true, not a lot of people give a thought about how these feather extension come into being sad
Personally I just rather not use any myself, there are plenty of synthetic-hair clip-ins that could work just the same, in my opinion anyway.
ReplyQuote

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
5 28 Jul 2011
So do animals die for feathers? I have been wondering for a while where feathers come from. Like the bags of coloured feathers you can buy from craft stores. Are they the feathers from chickens that are to be eaten?
ReplyQuote

Kunnigan Kunnigan VIC Posts: 15
6 28 Jul 2011
I lLOVE feather exstentions! THEY AR e so [email protected] adn look really cool! I have heaps!
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
7 28 Jul 2011
Is it possible to make faux feathers?
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
8 28 Jul 2011
I think it only becomes a problem if they start to wear them in their ass.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
9 1 Aug 2011
Is it not feathers that have been molted naturally? :S
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
10 1 Aug 2011
Spammylishus said:
I go to lots of festivals and bush doofs every year and it seems to be the in thing for everyone to wear feathers in their hair... I wonder about the peacock feathers that are appearing more and more. If i find a beautiful feather i most certainly pick it up and i have heaps of feathers in my house that i have found lying around... But i doubt very much that these rooster and peacock feathers are obtained in a way that is humane. People just dont think sometimes.
peacock feathers usually are, I know people who own peacocks as pets, and they in return recieve feathers in the bucketload. tongue
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au