Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

America

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

charlotte.g charlotte.g VIC Posts: 49
1 16 May 2011
so im going to be travelling with my friend to america.
we are going to be going to california, nevada, florida, texas, new york, Connecticut, washington and arizona. i am a vegan but she eats anything, im a bit worried about being able to find places to eat that can accommodate a vegan, in particular texas. has anyone been to any of these places recently and what were you experiences with finding food etc??
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
2 16 May 2011
I have a lot of vegan friends in california, they never have issues eating vegan, there's sooo many vegan takeaways etc over there you can feast at!

My girlfriend went over there late last year and raved about wholefoods http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
3 16 May 2011
Unleashed Admin
ReplyQuote

4 16 May 2011
ReplyQuote

5 16 May 2011
ooo yes ive heard heaps about wholefoods!!
i actually was watching the oprah vegan challenge episode the other day and it looked as though wholefoods had heaps of vegan food which is awesome!
ReplyQuote

6 16 May 2011
those links are great, thankyou!!
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
7 16 May 2011
I have a friend in Washington (Washington State, not Washington DC) I could ask her about vegan places, but she's an omni, so I don't know if she'll be able to recommend anything.
ReplyQuote

8 16 May 2011
charlotte.g said:
i actually was watching the oprah vegan challenge episode the other day and it looked as though wholefoods had heaps of vegan food which is awesome!
They have heaps of groceries and fresh food hey. My girlfriend ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there! :p
ReplyQuote

9 16 May 2011
xMISSMONSTERx said:
charlotte.g said:
They have heaps of groceries and fresh food hey. My girlfriend ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there! :p
awesome!  so is wholefoods not just a supermarket? is there like a cafe there or something?
ReplyQuote

bitchanca bitchanca VIC Posts: 117
10 16 May 2011
you're not going to have any problem finding vegan food in the us, in fact I think it's the ideal place to live for vegan food
just go on happy cow and look up places where you're going, that's what I did before I went there last year
and yes wholefoods is amazing, they have really nice vegan baked goods like cookies and muffins.

I've been here http://www.angelicakitchen.com/ in new york and I went to the LA babycakes http://www.babycakesnyc.com/
not sure if you're going to sanfran but there were heaps of good places there too
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au