Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Anti Fur DEMO - this Saturday May 21, Bourke St Mall.

Educate the public about the cruelty of fur....

1 - 1 of 1 posts

Natasha Natasha QLD Posts: 46
1 16 May 2011
Hi all,

Just a quick email to see if anyone is interested in helping out at the next Bourke St Stall, this Saturday 21 May, as we tackle the issue of the FUR!!!!

We were meant to run this stall last Saturday, but the weather had other ideas for us!  So, we are going to tackle the issue of fur again this coming Saturday!

Some of you may have seem news arrticles during the week, whereby there was concern raised with respect to the fur coming into Australia, and whether or not it was cat or dog fur. Further investigation showed that it was indeed rabbit fur, which unfortunately, is not illegal to sell in Australia .  However, with your help, we can educate the public about the cruelty of ALL fur.  I mean really, who wants to wear a dead animal around their neck.

If any of you have seen the fur footage from PeTA's undercover investigators, you will know that it is worse than any horror film. Cats and dogs writh in terror as they are hung up by their legs and tails, and had the fur peeled from their flesh.  Stripped, bleeding bodies are tossed onto a pile of othe bodies, where their hearts continued to beat and their breath ragged and gasping for up to 5 minutes! Once seen, this footage never leaves your mind. And it's not just dogs and cats who are treated in this way.  Foxes, rabbits, wolves, chinchillas, mink...you name it...   Can you  imagine the sheer agony of having your skin ripped from your body whilst fully conscious.  

Starting at approx 11am, we will run for 3-4 hours, depending on the weather and the crowd in the mall on the day.   We have petitions, posters and flyers to give out.

The animals in the fur industry are powerless to stop the torture, but you aren't.

So, if you are interested in getting more involved to help animals on Saturday 21st May, please let me know via reply email.  Please include your mobile number  (if you have one) as well so that I can make contact with you by both phone and email!  

Further info in relation to meeting place etc will be confirmed in a follow up email.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers

Natasha

0419 729 902
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au