Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Beer

Lion Nathan - Vegan

1 - 2 of 2 posts

Jubes Jubes NSW Posts: 48
1 23 May 2011
Hey,

I'm sure this topic has been posted before but I'm not sure how to search for previous threads so I am posting a new one...

I just received back and email from the Lion Nathan company and would like to share with you:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Julia

Thank you for your email, as from 01/01/03 all Lion Products are Brewed and Packaged without the use of any Animal Products.

The only Ingredients we use in our beers are-
“Water (potable water)
“Hops (bittering agent, can be in the form of pellets or liquid)
“Malted Barley (Types used: pale malt, roasted malt, crystal malt)
“Sugar (liquid in some brews)
“Yeast (the fermenting agent) - not strictly a raw material-but we refer to it as the fermenting agent

Isinglass was used until December 2002 and now no longer used. Hope this information helps thanks.

Thank You.

Bassma Flaifel CONSUMER INFORMATION CENTRE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See:  http://lion-nathan.com.au/  to check out all their beers etc ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also received a response from Nudie - as I was surprised to find out that some apple juices aren't vegan friendly, So I asked about their "nothing but 20 apples" apple juice:

----------------
The only animal input is the staff who work in the factory!

Fret thee not – our nudies and nothing but ranges are all vegan approved.

All the best…

Martin

Webman nudie
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
2 23 May 2011
Lion-Nathan rocks! cool
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au