Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Recipe: Caelins Ultimate Veggie Burger of Doom

Contains all essential amino acids omega 3 b12

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Caelin Caelin VIC Posts: 10
1 24 May 2011
I was hungry and bored so I decided to design THE ULTIMATE BURGER pattie that contains all essential amino acids + omega 3 + b12 + a selection of useful vitamins and minerals. Most commercially available veggie burgers or sausages are made from low nutrient value ingredients and are usually pretty bland. Carrots and breadcrumbs - eww?  So why not use some of the highest nutrient density foods around and make it taste awesome instead?? This mix is way tastier than seitan, tempeh or tofu also in my opinion and so much more nutritious.

I experimented last night and they turned out absolutely delicious, with perfect texture. This is the upgraded version. happy

CAELINS ULTIMATE VEGGIE BURGER OF DOOM

Ingredients:

Quinoa: Complete protein - includes all nine essential amino acids, very good source of manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, tryptophan, B2, Thiamin, B6, Folate, Vitamin E.

Chia: Complete protein - includes all nine essential amino acids. Chia contains one of the highest levels of omega 3s found in any food and in the perfect omega3 - omega6 ratio, 5 times the amount of protein of milk, higher in Omega 3 than either salmon or flax seeds. Chia seeds have more antioxidants than blueberries. High in calcium. They also make a perfect egg replacer to bind the ingredients together.

Cyanocobalamin 1000mg: Effectively provides bioavailable b12, has virtually no taste - can be crushed and added to anything.

Nutritional Yeast: Contains bioavailable Vitamin B12 (as in NOT b12 analogs like in soy products etc which actually stops your body from absorbing real b12), Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid and adds a delicious cheesy/nutty kinda taste.

Pumpkin Seeds: Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, SELENIUM, Very high levels of tryptophan (increases serotonin levels)

Garlic: Improves iron metabolism, reliable source of Selenium, high levels of polysulfides, Manganese, B6, Vitamin C, tryptophan, Calcium, B1, antibacterial anticarcinogenic and antiviral

Kindey Beans: High protein, nutrient rich but most importantly add a delicious texture and flavour. Hand-crushed. From a can or soaked overnight and pre-cooked.

Tomato Paste: High in Lycopene (antioxidant), Calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Enhances flavour.

Spices: Pepper, Cayenne pepper, Sea Salt, Dried celery, Dried parsley, Onion Powder, Garlic powder

Cook so the outside is crisp and the inside perfectly heated without losing its ultra-high nutrient value. The quinoa is pre-prepared and all other ingredients mixed in by hand then separated into chunks, placed on an oven tray, flattened to shape and cooked till the outside is crisp, turning once.

Serve with some chilly sauce and steamed veggies, or made into a burger on a wholegrain bun which is lightly toasted and lightly drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, top with baby spinach, grilled eggplant, avocado, onion, pickles, sundried tomato pesto, fresh tomato, crushed garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Some steamed asparagus on the side (another high nutrient density food) would make that such a healthy and tastyfulishous meal.  mMMmm I'm totally making that tonight  happy
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 24 May 2011
Caelin said:
I was hungry and bored so I decided to design THE ULTIMATE BURGER pattie that contains all essential amino acids + omega 3 + b12 + a selection of useful vitamins and minerals. Most commercially available veggie burgers or sausages are made from low nutrient value ingredients and are usually pretty bland. Carrots and breadcrumbs - eww?  So why not use some of the highest nutrient density foods around and make it taste awesome instead?? This mix is way tastier than seitan, tempeh or tofu also in my opinion and so much more nutritious.

I experimented last night and they turned out absolutely delicious, with perfect texture. This is the upgraded version. happy

CAELINS ULTIMATE VEGGIE BURGER OF DOOM

Ingredients:

Quinoa: Complete protein - includes all nine essential amino acids, very good source of manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, tryptophan, B2, Thiamin, B6, Folate, Vitamin E.

Chia: Complete protein - includes all nine essential amino acids. Chia contains one of the highest levels of omega 3s found in any food and in the perfect omega3 - omega6 ratio, 5 times the amount of protein of milk, higher in Omega 3 than either salmon or flax seeds. Chia seeds have more antioxidants than blueberries. High in calcium. They also make a perfect egg replacer to bind the ingredients together.

Cyanocobalamin 1000mg: Effectively provides bioavailable b12, has virtually no taste - can be crushed and added to anything.

Nutritional Yeast: Contains bioavailable Vitamin B12 (as in NOT b12 analogs like in soy products etc which actually stops your body from absorbing real b12), Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid and adds a delicious cheesy/nutty kinda taste.

Pumpkin Seeds: Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, SELENIUM, Very high levels of tryptophan (increases serotonin levels)

Garlic: Improves iron metabolism, reliable source of Selenium, high levels of polysulfides, Manganese, B6, Vitamin C, tryptophan, Calcium, B1, antibacterial anticarcinogenic and antiviral

Kindey Beans: High protein, nutrient rich but most importantly add a delicious texture and flavour. Hand-crushed. From a can or soaked overnight and pre-cooked.

Tomato Paste: High in Lycopene (antioxidant), Calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Enhances flavour.

Spices: Pepper, Cayenne pepper, Sea Salt, Dried celery, Dried parsley, Onion Powder, Garlic powder

Cook so the outside is crisp and the inside perfectly heated without losing its ultra-high nutrient value. The quinoa is pre-prepared and all other ingredients mixed in by hand then separated into chunks, placed on an oven tray, flattened to shape and cooked till the outside is crisp, turning once.

Serve with some chilly sauce and steamed veggies, or made into a burger on a wholegrain bun which is lightly toasted and lightly drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, top with baby spinach, grilled eggplant, avocado, onion, pickles, sundried tomato pesto, fresh tomato, crushed garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Some steamed asparagus on the side (another high nutrient density food) would make that such a healthy and tastyfulishous meal.  mMMmm I'm totally making that tonight  happy
WOW that is TOTALLY on my TO COOK LIST!!! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

tombraider000 tombraider000 VIC Posts: 1
3 7 Jun 2011
so what is the actual measurements for things, i too feel like, carrots and breadcrumbs....ewwww
butterfly
ReplyQuote

Shavvy Shavvy QLD Posts: 178
4 7 Jun 2011
Amazing. Can't wait to make it!
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
5 7 Jun 2011
I just made vegie burgers for dinner. My boyfriend's recipe so a little different. I might have to add some of these ingredients to mine wink Interested in adding omega 3 and b12.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
6 7 Jun 2011
This is amazing!!! Where did you get the B12 supplement?
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au