Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Help end the brutality of Live Export

Sat 11 June and Sunday 19 June - Bourke St Mall, Melb

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Natasha Natasha QLD Posts: 46
1 31 May 2011
Hi all,

If you are like me, you  probably witnessed last night on Four Conerns, some of the most horrific animal treatment in the world.  Animals Australia's investigation of Indonesian slaughterhouses showed nothing but torture!  Animals being decapitated without prior stunning, thrashing about and bleeding out whilst fully conscious! This is where we send our sweet, gentle, intelligent bovines, and we have done so for 18 years with little improvement in welfare standards.

These Australian animals are sent to a country where they are out of sight and out of mind.  No one hears their screams, no one witnesses their fear and no one gives them a voice.  

EXCEPT YOU.

Animals Australia is really ramping up their campaign against the Live Export Trade and we are calling on all of you to assist if you can.  We need to work to send a very strong message to the MLA and the Australian Govt!!! Never before have we needed the numbers to end this trade.  It will be a historical win if we can push this through!

So, I ask, if you are free on Saturday 11 June and /or Sunday 19 June, for even a few hours, please let me know. We'll be asking for members of the public to sign petitions, sign letters to the Australian Government  in addition to simply educating people about the treatment of these animals as part of the Live Export Trade.

Starting at approx 11am, we will run for 3-4 hours, depending on the weather and the crowd in the mall on the day.   There will be loads of leaflets and posters for people to hold so all can get involved!!!  Come one, come all.

So, if you are interested in getting more involved to help these beautiful, intelligent, sensitive creatures on Saturday 11 June and/or Sunday 19 June, please let me know via reply email () or text to 0419 729 902.  Please include your preferred date to assist (or both if you can), and your mobile number  (if you have one) as well so that I can make contact with you by both phone and email!  

Further info in relation to meeting place etc will be confirmed in a follow up email.

Imagine a world where there is no Live Export Trade…..is it achievable if we use our united voice!  

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards

Natasha Reus
0419 729 902
ReplyQuote

Shonnie Shonnie NSW Posts: 237
2 31 May 2011
I should be free on the 19th I'll send you a message Natasha happy
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
4 31 May 2011
you know ill be at both happy
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
5 31 May 2011
I will be there
ReplyQuote

Barbara2 Barbara2 VIC Posts: 1
6 31 May 2011
My partner and I would like to attend the forum June 19 and offer our support to this humane cause.Barb Shearer.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au