Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Matt and Jo visit an abattoir

Fox FM visiting the issue of where meat comes from.

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
1 1 Jun 2011
Apparently tomorrow Matt and Jo from Fox FM will be going to an abattoir to see where meat comes from. I think this is from all the live export attention. They will see the process and an animal being killed.

They spoke to one of the owners there and he was like "I think you'll enjoy it" and saying how it operates just like any other factory operation. It is sad that death is just seen as a job.

Anyway, I think it is good that they will be faced with seeing the animal that becomes their steak die as they both eat meat and seemed to show little compassion about the topic. But my concern is.. they are going to a family run abattoir. They are prepared for them and they are only going to see one side of the story. It wont be anything like other operations that have been caught on camera. So I worry that they will say "well, we've been there, we've seen it. We can say for sure that animals are treated humanely and that there is nothing wrong with abattoirs."

Ultimately I'd love them to see the fear in the animals eye and that seeing the life be taken will effect them spiritly instead of the other result.

What do you all think, did you hear the conversation on the show about it yesterday?
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 1 Jun 2011
I hope they change their mind about eating meat. I hope that maybe one animal isn't treated properly, and then Matt and Jo spread the word on the radio.

"If only, if only…"
ReplyQuote

Shonnie Shonnie NSW Posts: 237
3 1 Jun 2011
It's a start happy Don't shoot them down for wanting to know a little more about it. Lets wait and see what they have to say after they have been there happy
ReplyQuote

Sarah19 Sarah19 VIC Posts: 62
5 1 Jun 2011
I agree it is prob totally set up but any exposure is good. Hope they learn something  confused confused
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
6 1 Jun 2011
kinda seems a bit sus to me  scared it could be set up
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
7 1 Jun 2011
They will probably go to one that uses a stun gun, and will have all the workers on their best behavior (not kiiling animals cruel ways) and they may not even be allowed onto the killing floor.

Though I hope none of this is true and they see horrible things and stop eating meat.

I hope someone listens and reports here what happens. happy
ReplyQuote

Shavvy Shavvy QLD Posts: 178
8 1 Jun 2011
I agree. The abattoir knows they're coming. It's not going to be a true day at the office for them. To say that they will enjoy it... What the??? Yes let's all enjoy some murder shall we. F**ken sick of it all today. I say shoot the lot of them. (the meat industry)
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
9 1 Jun 2011
Shavvy said:
I agree. The abattoir knows they're coming. It's not going to be a true day at the office for them. To say that they will enjoy it... What the??? Yes let's all enjoy some murder shall we. F**ken sick of it all today. I say shoot the lot of them. (the meat industry)
Here here!
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
10 1 Jun 2011
Shavvy said:
Definately agree ecstatic
Line em up and ill have a go at torturing them. That'd be fun wouldnt it
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au