Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Youth Decide - Vote on Climate Change

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

jenny b jenny b SA Posts: 25
1 14 Sep 2009
There was a topic that mentioned the Youth Decide concert yesterday, but I thought I'd put this up in case no one knows about it/wants to know more. happy

This December, countries from all round the world are going agree on a global limit on greenhouse gases at the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen. Each country will set targets for how much they will reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by the year 2020. Australia will have to decide on a target too, and Youth Decide is where the 4.8 million young people in our country will get a chance to have their say.

After all, this is our future we're deciding on, so it's up to us to have our say. Every vote counts, because it'll send the government a strong message that we care about what happens to our country and the world.

Voting is happening from today, the 14th September, to next Monday, the 21st. It can be done online, at a local voting event, at the concert on Wednesday or at selected National Australia Bank branches.

It takes a matter of seconds to vote online, and it could have a huge impact on our future.

More information: http://www.youthdecide.com.au

Vote now: https://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/5899/t/4909/content.jsp?content_KEY=2798
ReplyQuote

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
2 15 Sep 2009
yep i've already voted happy
ReplyQuote

littlemisstofu littlemisstofu QLD Posts: 94
3 15 Sep 2009
me too!!!
ReplyQuote

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
4 15 Sep 2009
lol, i saw an add for this on television today happy
ReplyQuote

Alyssa Alyssa VIC Posts: 296
5 15 Sep 2009
i voted too happy
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
6 16 Sep 2009
Voted!  peace
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
7 16 Sep 2009
Bump... because this is important.
ReplyQuote

Scott Scott NSW Posts: 44
8 17 Sep 2009
haha, cant beleive this is on here lol.
ReplyQuote

Nathanael Nathanael VIC Posts: 211
9 17 Sep 2009
Why can't you believe it?
I mean, a lot of the noted vegetarians of the last 50 years have been involved with environmental movements.
ReplyQuote

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
10 17 Sep 2009
Nathanael said:
Why can't you believe it?
I mean, a lot of the noted vegetarians of the last 50 years have been involved with environmental movements.
happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au