Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Cheese Alternative

Have a favourite???

1 - 10 of 74 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

juliamarie juliamarie WA Posts: 16
1 2 Jun 2011
Anyone have a favourite cheese alternative (vegan)?
i have only tried/found 1 so far  (Cheezly mature white cheddar style) and thought it was well....not so nice!!! it was also near $10!!!

Thanks  peace
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
2 2 Jun 2011
Cheezly Mozzarella is the best by far. Try that happy

I'm getting into Tofutti slices again as I have discovered they use palm oil from a sustainable source, so yay!
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
3 2 Jun 2011
None of the shops here sell vegan cheese and I can't afford to order it online, so I make my own. Miss Monsters recipe is my favorite so far:
http://thecompassionatecook.blogspot.com/2011/04/melting-mozzarella-cheese.html
thumb
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
4 2 Jun 2011
I love the cheezly nacho style... Mmmm YUM...

I also have the sheese medium style cheddar, which is nice but I prefer the cheezly.
ReplyQuote

Shavvy Shavvy QLD Posts: 178
5 2 Jun 2011
Okay so I used to looooove cheese, like pretty much used to introduce myself like this: "Hey I'm Siobhan and I'm a cheese-aholic" I have been searching the vegan cheese alternatives since becoming vegan nearly 2 months ago. Here is what I have found so far. Cheezly vintage cheddar style is about 70% nacho style cheezly on taste is about 50/50 smoked cheddar sheese is about 85% (and it melts) but cheddar sheese is the best by far. I haven't tried sheesh sauce yet, but I tried to make cheezly sauce and it tasted like lumpy mushroom sauce, not so nice. But if you use savoury yeast in white sauce it tastes kinda cheesey. Also things I haven't tried but have only heard good things, is Teese, I have heard only good things and apparently it melts really well and makes a good sauce. And also, I soooo badly want to try it but I am pretty sure they don't have it in Aussie yet, but Daiya... apparently it is AMAZING. I say we rally together to get it here. Anyway wow, who would of thought I would have a novel worth of babble about vegan cheese. I hope it has been of some use to you, but really it just comes down to personal preference. Also tofutti better then cream cheese is GOOD! (but apparently bad for you cos of those bat fats, hydro something or other I forget)
ReplyQuote

Shavvy Shavvy QLD Posts: 178
6 2 Jun 2011
lol @ bat fats ^^
ReplyQuote

7 2 Jun 2011
Shavvy said:
And also, I soooo badly want to try it but I am pretty sure they don't have it in Aussie yet, but Daiya... apparently it is AMAZING. I say we rally together to get it here.
I've also heard about Daiya. Apparently it's the ultimate kick-ass vegan cheese. We should march thru the streets and demand Daiya for Aussies!!
wink
ReplyQuote

ok ok NSW Posts: 232
8 2 Jun 2011
Im there!!!
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
9 2 Jun 2011
From The Radical Grocery today -
"I've already tried to get Daiya. They're just not interested in exporting to the Australian market. I asked them how much I would have to order to make it worth their while and they're just not interested at all. Still waiting for more info on the ethics of Teese's ingredients but we could have that later in the year."
ReplyQuote

10 2 Jun 2011
Jordanwts said:
From The Radical Grocery today -
"I've already tried to get Daiya. They're just not interested in exporting to the Australian market. I asked them how much I would have to order to make it worth their while and they're just not interested at all. Still waiting for more info on the ethics of Teese's ingredients but we could have that later in the year."
WHAT?! Nooooooooo! That's not fair. Curses upon Daiya for being so selfish!
Excuse me while I go cry in a dark corner.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au