Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Veal farms in Australia

Not what I thought…

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
1 3 Jun 2011
I thought that veal farms in Australia were the ones which kept the calves tethered to these wooden crates, where they have to just stand their. And that they don't get iron and that. But I read this:  (scroll down to Veal)

http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/campaigns/policies/farmanimals.htm#veal

And its not what I thought. But every time I type in Australian Veal calves, or farms, it always comes up with the calves in the single wooden crates and that sad Does anyone know where i can get Aussie veal farm pics?
ReplyQuote

2 3 Jun 2011
Pegs said:
I thought that veal farms in Australia were the ones which kept the calves tethered to these wooden crates, where they have to just stand their. And that they don't get iron and that. But I read this:  (scroll down to Veal)

http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/campaigns/policies/farmanimals.htm#veal

And its not what I thought. But every time I type in Australian Veal calves, or farms, it always comes up with the calves in the single wooden crates and that sad Does anyone know where i can get Aussie veal farm pics?
P.S Does anyone know how much stress calves suffer in veal farms? I figure it would be a lot, but I'm not that sure.

Poor calves sad
ReplyQuote

V V SA Posts: 248
3 3 Jun 2011
Lots of websites use stock images for their websites, so they may not have been shot in Australia and were taken in the USA, where they do have creates. Just too add more effect to the post but the fact is Australia doesn't partake in lots of the things the US and UK do.

I know for a fact that i haven't seen a veal shed or tiny pens where i live where there is a bit of farming in the outback, I've always seen calves in lush fields with other calves or even sometimes still with their mothers.
ReplyQuote

4 3 Jun 2011
V said:
Lots of websites use stock images for their websites, so they may not have been shot in Australia and were taken in the USA, where they do have creates. Just too add more effect to the post but the fact is Australia doesn't partake in lots of the things the US and UK do.

I know for a fact that i haven't seen a veal shed or tiny pens where i live where there is a bit of farming in the outback, I've always seen calves in lush fields with other calves or even sometimes still with their mothers.
Same. Hmmmm, I might email AnimalsAustralia and ask.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
5 3 Jun 2011
I think emailing Animals Australia is a good idea. The RSPCA are clearly too stupid, and would only answer your question with the same sh!t that's on their website.

"RSPCA Qld opposes the practice of veal crates and urges consumers to ensure that the veal they purchase at the supermarket or butcher, or order at a restaurant, has been humanely produced. This is particularly important if the veal has been imported."
ReplyQuote

6 3 Jun 2011
Maggie said:
I think emailing Animals Australia is a good idea. The RSPCA are clearly too stupid, and would only answer your question with the same sh!t that's on their website.

"RSPCA Qld opposes the practice of veal crates and urges consumers to ensure that the veal they purchase at the supermarket or butcher, or order at a restaurant, has been humanely produced. This is particularly important if the veal has been imported."
I don't really think the RSPCA are crap, its just that they are restricted in their movements. But I do agree, some things can be improved.

P.S Its just, many people look up to the RSPCA, because they aren't pushing for veganism like some other welfare organisations. But I think they should have a page on how great veganism really is.
ReplyQuote

Shooter Shooter VIC Posts: 117
7 3 Jun 2011
*comment removed as it offended some people*
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
8 3 Jun 2011
Shooter said:
Pegs said:
P.S Its just, many people look up to the RSPCA, because they aren't pushing for veganism like some other welfare organisations. But I think they should have a page on how great veganism really is.
That would be a really short page  funny funny funny funny funny
You crack yourself up.
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1084
9 3 Jun 2011
Shooter said:
Pegs said:
That would be a really short page  funny funny funny funny funny
It's comments like these which make me lose what little respect I ever had for you, "Shooter". I can respect your opinion and I like that you're up for a discussion or a debate, but as soon as you makes comments such as this or call us "nuts" like you did the other day I don't respect you at all.
ReplyQuote

Kerry8 Kerry8 NSW Posts: 1
10 14 Feb 2014
I started a ban veal page on Facebook but have heard conflicting stories about how the calves are treated in Australia, was I to to hasty, are the veal calves locked in crates in this country or not?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]